Uturn PLUTO Phono preamp coming out in next month.

How does it stack up volume-wise? I don't have the largest speakers, so usually my DJPre II I had around 0=+2 was a sweet spot. Would hate to drop 100$ on this for it to be kinda too quiet and not use it much.

Pretty well honestly. I think it depends on your room and speakers specifically. But for a normal sized room this thing can fill it no issues. Just dont expect to fill a concert hall with it. I dont have specific numbers compared to others.

Pretty well honestly. I think it depends on your room and speakers specifically. But for a normal sized room this thing can fill it no issues. Just dont expect to fill a concert hall with it. I dont have specific numbers compared to others.

Awesome, I'm gonna definitely have to set the money aside for one or just go for it right now, lol.. Either way. 

If anyone is interested in a comparison I saw this a few days ago Reddit, the results were posted yesterday.

Thanks jdtg for posting.  I pretty much agreed with the majority of the voters.  I thought B sounded better.  While A had more clarity, B was less shrill and a overall a warmer, more pleasant listening experience IMO.   However I wish they had picked a better song to do the poll with, yeesh!  That suuuuuucked!

I have the Schiit they compared them to and have no complaints thus far about it but very interesting PLUTO got a bunch more of the vote. If Pluto had come out even three months earlier I would likely be using that, it just wasn't out yet when I was looking. Glad to hear people like it though, hoping for the best for U-Turn 

• 1 month later...

Picked one of these up last week, and I definitely like it over the ART DJPRE II for sure. Don't have enough experience to know how it compares with higher quality pre's though.

Definitely sounds great and well worth the price in my opinion. Listened to a handful of LP's with it and my Uturn Orbit, and it's definitely a quiet pairing in terms of things that SHOULDNT be in the music.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...