Northlane - Node

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Melbourne Node Listening party Meet and Greet last night.............The Album is pretty awesome........some songs are going to take a while to grow on me i think......but the 4 that have been released so far sounded awesome on a big system.........Some cleaner songs.....another Instrumental kind of track.........Cannot wait to get right into it

Got some stuff signed as well....couple of posters and another ROT 7" for a mate......happy snaps and what not........as usual the guys were really receptive and nice

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently delayed..............A couple of the 7" box set on instagram that i have seen ...........looks pretty cool

its delayed because they are goign to record a new album because this one is so boring. For how many members are in the band, its a very tame sound. this is a joke not trying to make anyone upset.

Node is a good listen. It might not get me as penally erect as Singularity did (and still does... seriously that album wrinkles my brain), but there are some top-tier moments in a number of solid tracks. Marcus does a great job overall; however, I think he'll truly settle in on the next album. The band remains groovy and particularly interesting for this brand of metalcore.

Some of the cringe-worthy lyrics really pull me away from the tunes, though:

"Cover your footprints like a bandaid on a broken arm." Lmao.

"So alone in a digital world..." Ugh.

Still like/love a lot more than I dislike. Soma, Obelisk, Node, Ohm, Rot, and Leech are all Northlane-dope. I'll be listening to this for a long time even if it isn't Singularity.

• 3 weeks later...

Got all of mine in while i was away and only opened them today.....pretty happy with them all...not even close to the mock ups but thats what happens.....not worried at all......sounds pretty good on first listens....pretty solid press

Just Wondering if anyone from US or EU has ordered these and got them in hand can shoot me an email........need to ask a couple of questions about the pressings

Cheers