TBR fans, prepare to pay out the ass

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i checked your list drewpeabottom. whats this?

teenage bottlerocket - live in '06 (clearview, failed picture disc)

they just dropped a piece of paper in the press. the paper just got wrecked. i could try to take a picture, but it'd be hard to see what i'm talking about.

Pics or it didn't happen.

what the hell would i have to gain by lying about this?!

I think people were just more interested in seeing it than anything else.

So was this an accident or did someone think they could experiment and come up with something cool?

i honestly have no idea. todd is awesome, but he must've been smoking some good shit to think this would work. i'm pretty sure it was intentional. it cracked me up when i got it. you can't even really play this one. it's wrecked.

this is the complete correct pressing numbers for Live in '06

all covers were signed, apart from the plain black records. only 5 - 10 of them were signed

- Red - 35

- Red w/ blue splatter - 5

- Red w/ black and/or white splatter - 10

- Half red/half black - 1

- Black - 191

- Black w/ white splatter - 5

- Black w/ red splatter - 1

Drewpeabottom,

I would KILL for your collection!!!

the whole thing or just these TBR LPs?

The whole thing, including the TBR. Do you have any recommendations of records in your collection that aren't well known in the pop-punk community but stand up with bands like the lillingtons/TBR/Copyrights/Queers/SW...

this is the complete correct pressing numbers for Live in '06

all covers were signed, apart from the plain black records. only 5 - 10 of them were signed

- Red - 35

- Red w/ blue splatter - 5

- Red w/ black and/or white splatter - 10

- Half red/half black - 1

- Black - 191

- Black w/ white splatter - 5

- Black w/ red splatter - 1

todd also told me about the blue splatter ones. when i told him i didn't get one, he seemed confused. he had intended to mail me one. then he said it looked blue, but only in certain light. i'm sure the blue splatter is really just black.

the whole thing or just these TBR LPs?

The whole thing, including the TBR. Do you have any recommendations of records in your collection that aren't well known in the pop-punk community but stand up with bands like the lillingtons/TBR/Copyrights/Queers/SW...

i always hesitate to answer questions like this. some personal favorites of mine would be:

grandprixx/prozacs: the prozacs is the band jay started after the grandprixx broke up.

she's a guy/guts: these two bands are basically the same. geoff useless was also in the useless fucks. he played on the queers everything's o.k. e.p. with rick respectable, who i think also played on one of the useless fucks 7"s. the guts have a new record out on rally records, and it is seriously a great fucking record. a possible contender for best record in 2008 for me.

the funny thing is the grandprixx and she's a guy did a split 7" back in the day. they just did another split last year. this time it's a prozacs/guts split.

prozacs - http://www.myspace.com/theprozacsband

guts - http://www.myspace.com/geoffuseless

feel free to ask me any more questions about band names you don't recognize.

i always hesitate to answer questions like this. some personal favorites of mine would be:

grandprixx/prozacs: the prozacs is the band jay started after the grandprixx broke up.

she's a guy/guts: these two bands are basically the same. geoff useless was also in the useless fucks. he played on the queers everything's o.k. e.p. with rick respectable, who i think also played on one of the useless fucks 7"s. the guts have a new record out on rally records, and it is seriously a great fucking record. a possible contender for best record in 2008 for me.

the funny thing is the grandprixx and she's a guy did a split 7" back in the day. they just did another split last year. this time it's a prozacs/guts split.

prozacs - http://www.myspace.com/theprozacsband

guts - http://www.myspace.com/geoffuseless

feel free to ask me any more questions about band names you don't recognize.

I really like the Prozacs and found about them totally by chance. They did a split with the local band Johnie 3 and I got an instore play copy from a friend of a friend. I ended up picking up most of the Prozacs stuff I could find.

double post

you should also myspace jay from the prozacs. he has copies of some of the earlier prozacs stuff that might not be as easy to find. i think he's down to the last few copies of the first CD. i don't remember if he has a lot of grandprixx stuff left, but cheapskate records is putting out a prixxology CD sometime soon.

12-15 according to the email I got from the dude selling these this morning. I got the same color.

That's Todd from Clearview, really great guy.

Everyone should buy the Lillingtons 3xCD set he's got up. I think it's limited to 1000 and worth every penny of the $15ppd.

I keep thinking of buying the Sack CD, but I've not listened to any of it. Anyone have/hear it?

i second the "great-guy todd" sentiment...just won the technically unsound boxset and he threw in the sack full length for nothing! and i don't mean the sampler that came with the boxset, either! by the way, it's exactly like lillingtons minus the sci-fi...great stuff...