Phono Pre-Amp Suggestion

Can't really answer without knowing what cartridge you're going to use and unless it's an upper end Koetsu, Van Den Hul, Clearaudio etc. then a $1000 phono stage might be a bit overkill. It also depends whether your preference is solid state or valve?

That said apart from your turntable your system is very British sounding so the one that sprung to mind instantly was the Trichord Dino or better still the Trichord Diablo, other than that a Musical Fidelity M1ViNL or a Rega Aria or if you fancy valves and can push the budget a bit more then an EAR 834P but unless you are spending a good four figures on the cartridge then a Musical Fidelity M1LPS will do the job very well in your system and would be a more natural fit with your amplifier.

There are a lot of great choices around that price. I have a Phonomena II and love it. It won't push your budget, it's versatile, and pairs very well with my VPI/Dynavector setup.

Congrats on the Scout and welcome to the club.

"VISITING HOURS ARE NOW OVER! ALL NON VPI OWNERS NEED TO LEAVE THE THREAD THROUGH THE BACK DOOR. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO HOME, BUT YOU CANT STAY HERE!"

"Oh, and the bus station is about a two mile walk that way."