Looking for new record labels

Rebekkah. From The Great Book of John. I saw them once, open for Colour Revolt and Turbo Fruits at the Bottle Tree. My friends and I were traveling back to Florida from seeing Coheed in Memphis, and we detoured to see Colour Revolt. It was a magical night.

I almost immediately assumed Bekkah. She's great people. I don't personally know Jeffery, but I totally dig that a guy that got a lucky break in the music industry brought it home and is willing dump a lot of that money into pushing artists forward that he believes in. Also the CommVess studio is fucking INSANE.....can't believe bigger named artists haven't found out what they have for the price yet. Artists here in town that aren't even on CommVess try to at least mix their stuff at their studio...eventually it could homogenize records coming out of BHam....but people haven't stopped using Neve consoles for a reason.

Haven't picked it up yet, it's on the list.. Been jammin on spotify though. Good stuff.

Good! Maggie and Daniel are gooood gooood people!

Only band I don't care for on that label is Belle Adair...incredibly boooooring live, he may be a decent song writer but their live show is a total drag

Cornelius Chapel Records (if you're a fan of Dexateens, modern southern rock, or Uncle Tupelo [killer Uncle Tupelo tribute comp])

B3SCI (Blah Blah Blah Science)

If you're a fan of Indepedent Pop music (not talking indie pop rock)....this guy knows what he's doing and is up streaming artists to majors already. If you're into stuff like CHVRCHES you'll dig stuff like Elohim...Chelsea Lankes doing a modern pop take on a Motley Crüe song isn't so bad either

I almost immediately assumed Bekkah. She's great people. I don't personally know Jeffery, but I totally dig that a guy that got a lucky break in the music industry brought it home and is willing dump a lot of that money into pushing artists forward that he believes in. Also the CommVess studio is fucking INSANE.....can't believe bigger named artists haven't found out what they have for the price yet. Artists here in town that aren't even on CommVess try to at least mix their stuff at their studio...eventually it could homogenize records coming out of BHam....but people haven't stopped using Neve consoles for a reason.

I wish they would press some of that TGBOJ stuff. That area seems really great for musicians though, which is pretty awesome.

I wish they would press some of that TGBOJ stuff. That area seems really great for musicians though, which is pretty awesome.

Oddly enough, not a huge demand for TGBOJ or WildSweetOrange or PrestonLovingood's solo work here....i feel like everything here is pushing past Singer/Songwriter driven music and getting musically adventurous (especially on CommVess). What WRAY is doing (DIIV/BeachFossils-esque) may not be groundbreaking in the grand scheme of things, but it's a progression for the perception of what "Alabama Music" is...and this new album from G.T. on CommVess is just fucking great, their first video for "Rails" came out this week and it and the song are just phenominal. Both Hip-Hop artists on CommVess are absolutely great, I mean doing stuff with J5 is incredible and they're both so energetic live and so incredibly down to earth nobody associated with either of those Hip-Hop groups is "larger than life" or arrogant or anything you see in current Hip-Hop/Rap....incredibly grounded and 100% focused on making great music. It's a very inspired vibe around that label.

I'm not necessarily a fan of RemyZero, but he/they do know what they're doing musically....and his commercial work outside of RemyZero is specifically geared towards generating money for this label to put into bands/artists he believes in.

I may not love EVERYTHING CommVess puts out, but their mission and passion is undeniably unique in the current musical landscape.