Musicol Vinyl Pressing Plant

I pressed the j church / minority blues band split, the shot baker / vacation bible school split and the few and the proud stampede lp there.

the only complaint is that they take a little while longer that other plants and the edges and center holes are a bit rougher than the products made at other plants. But other than that, they're a good company.

also, don't do business via email with them, call them for every step of the way...otherwise shit will go wrong quick. They're a bit old fashioned like that, Warren is a good guy.

I pressed the j church / minority blues band split, the shot baker / vacation bible school split and the few and the proud stampede lp there.

the only complaint is that they take a little while longer that other plants and the edges and center holes are a bit rougher than the products made at other plants. But other than that, they're a good company.

also, don't do business via email with them, call them for every step of the way...otherwise shit will go wrong quick. They're a bit old fashioned like that, Warren is a good guy.

What was the turnaround time?

the turn around right now is 8 weeks.

if your going to use them get your labels thru

www.iloveimprint.com

warren is a nice guy. the color vinyl they are using is being imported from china. previously they were using color vinyl from south america.

im going to press a record thru them just to see how the new colors look and feel

nerds unite

amen.

the turn around time can be as quick as anyone else or could be a few weeks longer, as them how backed up they are. They have a less mechanized machine that other plants so they take longer to press records in general. It's been a few years so I don't remember exactly, but they're quality, I'm probably going to start using them again soon.

also, Criminal IQ presses everything through them, if you have any of their records.

i used them for my first release and overall i cant say i was satisfied. i put my order in with color vinyl and warren never informed me they were "out" of color. i found out later my order would take longer so they get in color in. i said just change it to what you have on hand, so they did. two weeks went by and i was told to expect my records any day. nothing came. so i called warren and he said he had another slight delay and records would be delayed, again. ive been waiting for these records for about 2 months at this point. warren then called me up and said he had color vinyl and would be doing my old order again, i said fine i just wanted it done. he then calls me with a total which seemed high for my order, come to find out he pressed more black than i ordered and wasnt happy that i did not want it.

my order took about 2 months, i understand its a small plant, though i wont be using them anytime soon.

the Drawn A Blank - Look Alive 7" was pressed there last summer. Took like 2 months, but it was mainly because they had a boiler or something go down in the factory that put everything on hold for like two weeks. Definitely call, and Warren is a really nice guy, and will do everything he can to take care of you as long as you talk to him.

prices were drastically better there than UR or somewhere else.

Thanks everyone. The studio that is making the lacquers recommended Musicol and I just wanted to get everyones opinion. I've seen more good comments then bad so I guess I'll give them a call. I sent them an e-mail for a price quote, but since you all said to call them I'll probably do that today.