anyone here from Italy or Hungary?

I'm from Italy too...

frankly Italy is not the best place where find/buy records. vinyl, especially the import ones, are usually overpriced; just for istance the lowest price i've ever seen for a Relapse or Deathwish vinyl is 16.50 euro ( 25.50 $), but the average price is around 20 euro (30/31 $).

BTW let us know which cities are you planning to visit and we'll try to suggest something..

Justin I would really appreciate his e-mail big time. I'll be staying with family for two weeks in Hungary but I don't think they would know where I could get some records.

As far as were I'll be I'll be stopping by these places:

Budapest

Venice

Florence

Rome

Sorento

thanks for everyone helping me out.

I'm from Italy..

If you will visit Rome i can suggest a few of vinyl stores:

1) SOULFOOD - VIA SAN GIOVANNI IN LATERANO 192/194 - 00184

2) TRANSMISSION - Via dei Salentini, 27, (San Lorenzo) 00185

3) RADIATION RECORDS - Circonvallazione Casilina 44 - 00176

sweet dude, when I visit Rome I'll check these out. Thanks so much.

I'm from Italy..

If you will visit Rome i can suggest a few of vinyl stores:

1) SOULFOOD - VIA SAN GIOVANNI IN LATERANO 192/194 - 00184

2) TRANSMISSION - Via dei Salentini, 27, (San Lorenzo) 00185

3) RADIATION RECORDS - Circonvallazione Casilina 44 - 00176

sweet dude, when I visit Rome I'll check these out. Thanks so much.

Catharsis has right about Italy vinyl prices, but maybe you can find some used gems in the stores i wrote up...

Good luck!!

I'm in Florence at the moment, there's nothing here, alas. If you have time to find your way to Berlin, however, there's an awesome store called Bis Aufs Messer (they have an online store of the same name). This place is seriously mecca for punk/emo/hardcore/post-rock/doom etc. records. Well worth the excursion if you can get up there.

I'm in Florence at the moment, there's nothing here, alas. If you have time to find your way to Berlin, however, there's an awesome store called Bis Aufs Messer (they have an online store of the same name). This place is seriously mecca for punk/emo/hardcore/post-rock/doom etc. records. Well worth the excursion if you can get up there.

About Florence, look at:

Rock Bottom - via degli alfani 34/r 50121

They have vinyl only, it's expensive but there are a lot rarities...

Am i the only italian robbed from an Usa ebay seller?? 52$ for a Jets To Brazil lp on colured i never received...

The lady from the post office here said that customs gives problems and there is a lot of theft with the Italy PO. That might have been what happened. Either way you could file a claim through paypal.

About Florence, look at:

Right..it's a vinyl collector shop, doesn't sell cd but only vinyl (new and used).

Mainly specialized in 70/80 rock, prog ..but there are some punk h/c vinyl. High price for collector items. It's in the core of Florence, 5 minutes from the Cathedral (Duomo).

Another shop in Florence is:

Data Records, via dei neri 15/r

About Florence, look at:

Right..it's a vinyl collector shop, doesn't sell cd but only vinyl (new and used).

Mainly specialized in 70/80 rock, prog ..but there are some punk h/c vinyl. High price for collector items. It's in the core of Florence, 5 minutes from the Cathedral (Duomo).

Another shop in Florence is:

Data Records, via dei neri 15/r

I've been to Data, didn't think much of that. Will have a look at Rock Bottom when I get back in It.

Am i the only italian robbed from an Usa ebay seller?? 52$ for a Jets To Brazil lp on colured i never received...

I think your post office is dodgy/unreliable. I ordered some magazines express air over a month ago and they still haven't shown up

Unfortunately the only responsable was the seller,4 monthts after i bought that lp he wrote me his excuses to have not shipped the item yet, a month after i went on his ebay profile and his account was deleted having 12 negative feedback for stuff never shipped...

dude, I'm from Hungary, and the sad thing is that there aren't any good record shops...

but the city is nice though...

but maybe I can recommend you shows:

Bringin' it Back Festival

07/02 - PETOFI CSARNOK

MADBALL (USA)

COMEBACK KID (CAN)

H20 (USA)

SHAI HULUD (USA)

BORN FROM PAIN (NL)

CRIME IN STEREO (USA)

DEVIL IN ME (P)

STRENGTH APPROACH (I)

Penalty Kick (HUN)

The Last Charge (HUN)

07/07 - A 38

LAGWAGON (USA)

Hatosagilag Tilos (HUN)

I think your post office is dodgy/unreliable. I ordered some magazines express air over a month ago and they still haven't shown up

Unfortunately the only responsable was the seller,4 monthts after i bought that lp he wrote me his excuses to have not shipped the item yet, a month after i went on his ebay profile and his account was deleted having 12 negative feedback for stuff never shipped...

oh, that sucks :(

About Florence, look at:

Been here - very large collection of vinyl. But yes, very expensive, especially b/c of the $ to Euro conversion. For some reason they had a massive "new wave" section haha