carlos pena (baseball player) is...

If you don't like baseball -- which it doesn't seem you do since you don't know much about these guys -- why go?

Exactly. You're going to stand in a line for a while, then walk up to the guy sitting at a table. He'll smile, say hi, sign some random thing you have, say thanks and you'll walk away. That doesn't sound fun to me and I like baseball.

i like baseball, i don't know where anyone got that idea.

i just don't know feel like being peter gammons about their stats and seasons.

i thought it was funnier than it would be fun, i mean i went down the street and met/saw fergie, and i definitely don't like fergie.

maybe he's an exceptional player, i don't know, i lost my boner for sports stars when dominik hasek retired and disconnected with sports for a bit in between. in that time every name i knew went away.

carlos pena (baseball player) is...

probably waaay funnier than carlos mencia, make that, HAS to be funnier..

i hate carlos mencia, but not because he's not funny, cause 3 years ago i listened to a cd of his on a road trip (ive got a friend who has literally an entire car cd book full of comedy cds) and it wasn't bad. his show is awful, and not funny, his schtick is stupid. it's just bad, we all know that.

but i hate carlos because when i say something about george lopez (whose stand-up i don't know about, but HIS show is A+) people think of carlos mencia, and tell me he's not funny.

1. i HATE carlos mencia and couldn't not care less if he died.

2. why would an mlb player do a signing at a checkers, unless in florida is some sports store named checkers cause by me its a fast food burger place.

the burger place could sponsor the team. flordia sucks for sports. they get no attendance, the drays and marlins are both tops in their divisions and drawing less than the pirates i believe. so down there, they're probably doing it to get the 10 baseball fans to go get a burger, and get some of the people there for food to realize that they do in fact have a ball team.

1. i HATE carlos mencia and couldn't not care less if he died.

2. why would an mlb player do a signing at a checkers, unless in florida is some sports store named checkers cause by me its a fast food burger place.

the burger place could sponsor the team. flordia sucks for sports. they get no attendance, the drays and marlins are both tops in their divisions and drawing less than the pirates i believe. so down there, they're probably doing it to get the 10 baseball fans to go get a burger, and get some of the people there for food to realize that they do in fact have a ball team.

essentially.

checkers is a sponsor of the team, if you pay x amount you can sit in the "checkers" cafe and the "corona" beach bar, right next to the bullpens on either side. where you can get checkers, with the ticket price. checkers is still huge here, and that's why i guess.

people come, and there are people that go to most of the games but there really isn't much hope for a boost in attendance unless the red sox or the yankees play.

however, the game against the white sox was sold out tonight. probably due in part to their summer concert promotional series thing, i'm sure a bunch of rednecks went out to go see trace adkins, which is fitting because white sox fans are usually white trash.

but that just pushes the first pitch to 6:10, and then they don't televise it.