PO: DJ Pon-3 Presents My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

lilmuse

OK, I know this may very well get me blasted into another decade, but I know my girls are going to love the hell out of this album and thought those of you with kids who love MLP may like it too.  I found it by accident and dug up some previews on the net.  It makes listening to these songs a bit more tolerable. (Maybe. At least for the first ten times anyhow.) 

It's being described as limited and on colored vinyl on some sites, including discogs.  That said, the Amazon link has none of that info in the listing (typical) and so I can only speak to the clips I heard.

Anyhow here goes...

http://www.amazon.com/Pon-3-Presents-Little-Pony-Friendship/dp/B014RLSPNG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1447188219&sr=1-1&keywords=DJ+Pon-3+Presents+My+Little+Pony+Friendship+Is

http://www.discogs.com/Daniel-Ingram-DJ-PON-3-Presents-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Is-Magic-Remixed/release/7591328

81KmyCeHiYL._SX522_.jpg

If they would release more of the actual music and not remixes I'd buy it for my daughter. Not sure why they insist shoving remixes out there.

This except for me.

Brony not in the closet; come at me, VC.

You're both in luck.  Hot Topic has two variants of a picture disc full of cuts from the Friendship is Magic series.  I know 90% of the show is straight rainbows and butterflies but the 10% that sneaks in like the cameo characters and references make me smile.  Doctor Hooves is probably my favorite. 

High Fives to you DOMAN127.  Heh.  I'd watch an episode with ya any day.

I have the one Hot Topic pic, which is fine, but there's still a lot more that isn't out there. I'd grab an Equestria Girls lp, the first two movie soundtracks have been burned into my brain.

Totally agree!  In fact, I was disappointed the remix of the theme song from the first Equestria Girls movie isn't on this remix album.  I have a few of my girls' favorites from the two movies on my phone but ideally I'd love them on vinyl.  Because the hobby. 

You're both in luck. Hot Topic has two variants of a picture disc full of cuts from the Friendship is Magic series. I know 90% of the show is straight rainbows and butterflies but the 10% that sneaks in like the cameo characters and references make me smile. Doctor Hooves is probably my favorite.

High Fives to you DOMAN127. Heh. I'd watch an episode with ya any day.

I've considered picking it up but I'm hesitant because, y'know, picture disc.

I've considered picking it up but I'm hesitant because, y'know, picture disc.

I've read about the issues that crop up with the picture discs but haven't experienced them myself.  I always include the disclaimer that my speakers aren't super high end so I may not detect the quality difference.  Hot Topic had them reduced at some point and they may get included in their BOGO as well.  Could be worth it to get your Pinkie Pie on.