The SuperCube III Debacle

ajxd

I figured some people may enjoy this...

Bought a SuperCube III of eBay, from a guy in Porter (15mi north of Houston). I messaged before the sale.

Me: Hi there! Everything working fine with the sub? Are you the original owner? I am in Houston, could I pick it up? Thanks!

Him: Yes, but you have to wait until auction end. Happy bidding.

Me: Yes to all 3 questions? Thanks!

Him: no problem

So I won. Immediately after winning, I wrote

Me: Hi! I won the auction. What is your availability for pick up? Tomorrow after work (5ish) would be ideal for me. Or if you happen to work in Houston, we can arrange something. Let me know! Thanks!

No reply. The next day. I sent a request to pay, with a message.

Me: Hi! We had previously discussed local pickup, and you had agreed. If you could remove the shipping charge, we can arrange this. Thanks!

Him: Please pay.

Me: You have to remove the shipping fee before I can pay.

Him: I'm waiting for the payment or ill give you until saturday then i will relist it.

Me: The shipping fee is still coming up. You have to remove shipping, it is adding $45.66 every time. I can paypal you directly the $104.50 if you provide an email address, or work to arrange pick up.

Then he canceled the sale. How do dumb people end up with nice gear?! So... still looking for a sub.

Maybe when you asked if he/she would do pick up, they immediately fantasized about a scenario where you paid the full total included shipping and the shipping fee became pure profit for them.  Some of us, when re-introduced to reality, are better at letting go of our insane fantasies than others.