WANT: Hardcover comic book trades/collections

jacobe

Might be a long shot on here, but who knows. I like comics more than records, maybe some of you are flip of that.

Looking for comic book collections with the hardcovers. Willing to buy and/or trade records for them.

Mostly after DC Absolute Editions I may not have, Omnibus collections & Robert Kirkman HCs.

I'm half looking for a copy of Absolute Watchmen myself. The DC Absolute Editions are sick.

I've got most of them, mostly looking for the newer ones and a few of the older ones I'm kinda "eh" about owning for reasons other than complete collection.

Even though I think Watchmen is HIGHLY overrated I own the Absolute and it really set the bar high for the standard of the series.

I'd pick up the Watchman one soon as they are only doing 1 printing on Absolutes and they skyrocket once the stock is gone (Planetary...) and with the movie about to hit every person that "all of sudden loves the comic" will be going after that version.

Absolute New Frontier has recently been hitting the $100 mark and up until 2 months ago you could score if for $50 on Amazon/Ebay.

My favorite thus far is The CoIE one, so much stuff and I'm a DC continuity nut, so it's perfect.

I'm waiting on my Starman Omnibus vol. 1 right now and it's killing me. It's my favorite series of all time (I have a tattoo from it) and I ordered it online as it was cheap and now it's been out 2 weeks and I don't have it...so bummed.

Those DC Absolute editions are nice, but way too expensive. I stick with the TPBs or individual issues.

True, they are pricey, but I don't think they are expensive by any means. As a project they are very very time intensive and most have been re-colored (by original artists) and have a wealth of additional information in them which took time to compile.

Plus they are are all on high quality paper and are one pressing.

You can get most from Amazon for at least 30% less than cover. I paid close to 50% off cover on Ebay for my CoIE one.

True. I just see the $50-$100 price tag on a book that costs maybe $20 on TPB and the extras just aren't worth it to me. To each his own though.

What is your Starman tattoo of? I really need to read the rest of that series. I only have the first TPB so far.

The TPB's are terrible honestly, if you enjoy the series pick up the omnibus that just came out. It's around $30 on Amazon, but it's the first 16 issues. DC fucked up with the original trades after the 1st one and skipped issues that were pretty important in the long run, so the tpb's are actually missing 5-6 key issues.

I have Jack's badge from his jacket, the cracker jack/sheriff star. I'm getting the zodiac symbol here soon and plan on getting one of Jack flying in space.

yeah, they ended up skipping some of the "Times Past" issues, put some of them in a seperate trade and totally omitted others from being reprinted. The omnibus collection will be 6 volumes & will include EVERYTHING, the 6 page Shade story from Showcase, the Shade mini, the Mist: Girlfrenzy oneshot and anything else that has any kind of impact on the overall story.

I think it's the best written complete series of all time and sadly one of the most undersappreciated. The biggest thing that hurts it in my opnion is that you have to have at least a pretty good grasp on the Golden Age DC universe to really enjoy everything.

Speaking of Golden Age, if you can I'd suggest picking up that trade, it's awesome as well. Actually, if I can find mine tonight I'll send it you as I plan on picking up the HC. I'll let you know.