Which Pro-ject would be better value?

Hello to everybody, I'm looking for counsel.

I have to decide between two Pro-ject turntables:

- a Debut III with its aluminium tonearm, 2M Red cartridge and acrylic plate, AC typ selec3 motor. Shiny piano black finish.

- a Debut Carbon AC with its carbon tonearm, OM10 cartridge, stock plate. Only in yellow and blue (hey, I don't dislike the yellow one!)

The Debut III is slighty more expensive than the Carbon, I can afford it. Both are quite inexpensive.

Which one would you go for? Thank you all!

A Carbon with 2M red wouid be best... Given that's not an option I'd go for the Carbon. Better arm, somewhat better motor (control unit). 

The OM10 is obviously a bit below the 2M red cartridge, but the difference isn't that great. And going forward it's much easier to switch the catridge some day than switching the whole turntable.

Hi again! While waiting for the dealer to receive some new Carbons (he was out of stock), a new contender has entered the game. I've been offered a new Music Hall mmf 2.2 for 300€ (342 US $). The original list price was 446 (509 US $), so I save 146€ (166 US $).

Is it worth the price? I've read it's quite similar to the Pro-jects, made in the same factory. A good deal?

The Music Hall offer makes me suspicious, because it hasn't got the cart that it's supposed to be mounted from factory. A nice local shop has some offers that look interesting: a Debut Carbon DC 2M Esprit for 375 € (430 US $) and a Rega RP3 without cart for 399€ (454 US $). A little more than I was thinking but tempting.

Oh my god: is it internet a blessing or a curse? When you think you are on target, another option comes in. What about Edwards Audio tt? I've seen an EA Apprentice MK2 for a very food price. I've read it's basically a Rega P2 with some tweaks: acrylic platter, some bearing upgrade, different belt, Rega RB202 arm and Zephyr C100 cartridge (rebadged AT95). List price was 469€ but they sell it for 299€ (337 US $). Good deal?

Oh my god: is it internet a blessing or a curse? When you think you are on target, another option comes in. What about Edwards Audio tt? I've seen an EA Apprentice MK2 for a very food price. I've read it's basically a Rega P2 with some tweaks: acrylic platter, some bearing upgrade, different belt, Rega RB202 arm and Zephyr C100 cartridge (rebadged AT95). List price was 469€ but they sell it for 299€ (337 US $). Good deal?

Yes it is, the acrylic platter is a good upgrade for any Rega and the Edwards tables along with all the upgrades they add to an already good table are that little bit more exclusive.

This is my opinion only so I will always say this with the caveat go and listen yourself as you might not agree, but in my opinion if you can get any Rega that's higher than an RP1 for a price comparable to any of the Projects you are currently looking at I'd take the Rega or Rega derivative every time.

You couldn't tell w difference between them if you were blindfolded. When you're buying equipment at this level, just go with what is offered.

Entry level gear is just that. People have personal preferences, but it might not match your preference. Though the 2M Red is better than the OM10 in my opinion, some may argue.

They're wrong though.