Rat Patrol Records In The UK

Has anyone else had problems with this label/Guy?

I pre-ordered the In The Red LP in September last Year, and after many excuses/delays was promised I'd get my record!

Since March I have emailed regularly and got no response at all, and now seeing the LP

available in many distros in the US (Kiss Of Death helped/Co released it?) have to assume I have lost my money (as well beyond the period of Paypal claim!)

I hope nobody else is in the same position (except Frank, that is, as I know you are!)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, like Salaho said. I preordered the 2nd press of Chuck Ragan´s Ole Diesel in January. Till today no records have arrived.

Funny thing is the distros got their copies in late February, cause that´s when No Idea started selling them.

As far as I know, nobody who preordered their copies of the 2nd press ever received them. I know xrecordsx has the same problem with them.

I also mailed him several times, but no response.

I understand that the guy was in hospital. OK. But someone here posted that he left hospital in March or April. Now it´s June. So plenty time to answer some mails from people who wanna know where their stuff is.

And why did the distros get their stuff and not the people who preordered? In my understanding preorder means people get their stuff first. Otherwise I could simply buy it from a distro.

Yeah, the guys from In the Red even said to discontinue ordering from Rat Patrol. They haven't even been able to get a reply out of the guy.

As for distros getting shit and not yet getting it from Rat Patrol, it's likely they get them sent from the plant, so they'd get them the same time as Rat Patrol (just like with Sabot).

hey people,as for ITR there's been more hassle with that than i could write down..i paid for the mastering and whatnot of the recording which cost over a thousand dollars only to find the band had been giving away a mock up of the release complete with full artwork and RP logo to pretty much hundreds of kids at their shows..after neumerous wranglings i dropped out of the project and totally wash my hands of it at this point.I don't even posess a copy of the cd or vinyl and as far as i'm aware it's available through Interpunk.I've been trawling through orders and issueing refunds for ITR orders over the last few weeks but accept my apologies if i missed you out and please get in touch with me at [email protected] and i'll refund what your owed..

as for any Ragan pre-orders all that stuff got sent out months ago when i received the 2nd press,No Idea pretty much get our releases the same time as i do as they get shipped direct from the presing plant cos it's cheaper than getting them shipped to me and then me shipping them back out.

hey people,as for ITR there's been more hassle with that than i could write down..i paid for the mastering and whatnot of the recording which cost over a thousand dollars only to find the band had been giving away a mock up of the release complete with full artwork and RP logo to pretty much hundreds of kids at their shows..after neumerous wranglings i dropped out of the project and totally wash my hands of it at this point.I don't even posess a copy of the cd or vinyl and as far as i'm aware it's available through Interpunk.I've been trawling through orders and issueing refunds for ITR orders over the last few weeks but accept my apologies if i missed you out and please get in touch with me at [email protected] and i'll refund what your owed..

as for any Ragan pre-orders all that stuff got sent out months ago when i received the 2nd press,No Idea pretty much get our releases the same time as i do as they get shipped direct from the presing plant cos it's cheaper than getting them shipped to me and then me shipping them back out.

Strange that after 6/7 emails over the past 6 weeks I get no response, but post on an International forum and within 3 hours the excuses start to come!!

I would prefer not to keep this dispute public, but as the LP is STILL available to buy on the Rat Patrol Myspace page, I find this apology a little hollow!!

I pre-ordered , and still waiting.....

I ordered in October, and seen nothing yet, but he has replied to one or two emails, saying that the vinyl kept getting delayed. Going to ask for a refund now, see what happens, after his post. He was frioendly enough. I know it's a hell of a long time, but shit happens. Look at that Norma Jean box set.

amazing that you "wash your hands" of a record and leave the people who actually paid for it high and dry.

you're a fucked person in so many ways.

Seriously - you can't justify fucking people over because someone fucked you over. Its called responsibility - take some.

I hope everyone gets their refund on whatever record they are waiting for. If you don't and you were supposed to get the Chuck Ragan Ole Diesel, send me a PM and I'll sell you one of our store copies for whatever cost was to us. Its hard to want to stock albums put out by labels who treat their fans, and paying ones at that, this way. =\

amazing that you "wash your hands" of a record and leave the people who actually paid for it high and dry.

you're a fucked person in so many ways.

Seriously - you can't justify fucking people over because someone fucked you over. Its called responsibility - take some.

I hope everyone gets their refund on whatever record they are waiting for. If you don't and you were supposed to get the Chuck Ragan Ole Diesel, send me a PM and I'll sell you one of our store copies for whatever cost was to us. Its hard to want to stock albums put out by labels who treat their fans, and paying ones at that, this way. =\

that's a cool offer and all, but i can't justify paying for this record again, since when i ordered it it was like $23 us, but for a limited color. now there isn't anything, and to pay another $6 or $7 makes it a $30 record.

i'm feeling pretty burned on it, but i really appreciate the thought man. that alone is making me feel better. hopefully i will get my refund so i can purchase this from someone reputable.