Los Angeles Record Fair May 21st & 22nd 2016

Capitol Records & WAX Present: The Los Angeles Record Fair taking place on Saturday May 21st and Sunday May 22nd, 2016 in celebration of Capitol Studios’ 60th Anniversary.

Tickets range from $10 - $100 depending on if you want access to just the record fair, or the record fair and a tour. 

More information here: http://www.capitolrecords.com/capitol-studios-announces-60th-anniversary-events/

Here's the deal. I'd just go on Saturday, the booths don't turn over and last fall none of the vendors brought new inventory for Sunday.  So it felt like a waste of time and money to buy a weekend pass. 

The  studio tour was cool, even considering most of what the talked about was older jazz stuff. 

The people who run this do an awful job of advertising this show.

23 hours ago, psus2h said:

The people who run this do an awful job of advertising this show.

I don't know anything about this so I'm sure you're right. But, I will say this: I help organize a record fair here we do quarterly. It's been in existence for six years. Once a week I tell a person about our fair and they have not heard of it. New Orleans is a much smaller city than LA (we're near 500K in the city proper; 1.5 million in the greater NO area). It is so difficult to advertise these things. We don't have a ton of money to put up billboards like gun shows. We want to use the money we have to spread the word in the best possible way. But it's hard to quantify the amount we spend vs. the amount of people we know see the advertisement. Plus, there's no real concrete way to track how effectively our money is being used. I guess we could poll people or have them fill out a survey and for them to tell us how they heard about the event. But for the amount of money you spend, things like FB are really the most effective for small shows like us. If you have any ideas how best to spread the word, feel free to mention them. 

Edited by somethingvinyl

Totally understand your point, however a few things, 1) Capitol Records is the main co sponsor for the event. 2) none of the local shops have anything up about it.  3) their social media campaign is not very strong 

Nice giys, but there seems to be confusion and miscommunication from the top down.