Help me find this punk band from the 90s(?)

So back in high school (95 i think..) people would just copy tapes. Everyone was trying to find new bands and we couldnt afford to buy stuff. Someone older gave me a tape (of shit he was no longer listening to because he was now into screwdriver and nordic thunder) It was propagandhi's how to clean that was written on both sides but it turns out the B side was another band. i listened to this tape for years until it was eaten by a honda CRX. fuck this rusted piece of shit car and the owner who eventually crashed it.

This other band on the B side didnt sound too californian i mean, not like nofx or any of the fat wreck bands. It wasnt pop punk either, not sure if it was political or anything but it sounded more mature than most of the shit us kids were listening to back then. I remember one of the songs with a chorus that went:

i try to make to make you understand
its just the way i am

and i try to make you see

but its just (weeeweeeweewee whaterver rhymes with see .. this is where my old fart memory packs its bags and left) 

i know its not a lot to work but whoever can help me gets 5$ to its paypal. how bout that?

12 hours ago, Tardcore said:

you ever stare up at the moon and wonder if that punk band from the 90's is all alone and staring up at that very same moon?

haha yeah and theyre trying to find me too!

in all seriousness though, totally, every solstice.

19 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

You're from Montreal? What about looking at some of the Ontario punk bands of the era, like Marilyn's Vitamins, Trunk, Grade, Jersey, Trigger Happy, Out of Hand, etc.

yeah its an earlier band,  im fucked if its a canadian band... you got me feeling like listening to trigger happy, thanks for that.

19 hours ago, tellallyourfriends said:

http://www.last.fm/music/Propagandhi/+similar

try this. Most of the recommendations are from California or were formed after 1995 so the narrows the search. 

Also so try any bands that did splits with the band around that time. 

first thing i tried, on spotiry, youtube compilations and anything i could think of. listened to bands i never did like coffin break, DOA, RKL, no means no, new bomb turks

thanks for the replies, the 5$ challenge still stands