MGR - Wavering On The Cresting Heft PREORDER

I'm sure there are other fans on here. Check out his last album Nova Lux if you havn't heard it.

With MGR guitarist Mike Gallagher -of renowned dirge architects ISIS- unveils a compendium of sparse ruminations culled from years of underground musical experience. Gallagher has developed a style characterized by dense, sustained textures coupled with a penchant for the subtle melodicism associated with the post-Sabbath riff. MGR's effectiveness stems from how fluidly Gallagher is able to gradually add texture upon texture, building up the intensity of the tracks until they reach a tragic momentum. Imagine Isis with much of the bombast stripped away, leaving only dark, moody and melancholic soundscapes… MGR (the acronym for Mustard Gas and Roses, which Gallagher has borrowed from a line of Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five), is an emotionally charged amalgamation of sounds that, much to its credit, refuses to fit neatly into any particular category.

150 x orange and red flamed vinyl – Mailorder only!

350 x black vinyl 180gr vinyl

heavy stock full colour sleeve and innersleeve

I hit the confirm order button before realizing how much shipping was....made the whole order like 25 euros! A little steep, but it'll be cool to get the orange and red flamed one.

EDIT: LINK -> http://www.conspiracyrecords.com/store/store_detail.php?id=5893

Sorry, updated with link.

Heres a bit more info.

MYSPACE -> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43766959

The newest M.G.R. offering titled "Wavering on the Cresting Heft" will be brought to you by the good people at Conspiracy Records. If all goes as it should, it will be released in late November. This record is a little heavier and a bit more "to the point" than past endeavors. Meaning that it contains more distorted guitars and the songs are slightly shorter than some of my past releases.

I thought Nova Lux was awesome. One of the best ambient-ish albums to come out in a while.

I guess it sucks not liking good music.......

I wouldn't know. Does it?

BAHAhahahahaha

+1

Glad people around here can take a joke.... judging by your record list we like the same kind of stuff. I guess we both have bad tastes in music then.