PO:The Acorn-Glory Hope Mountain 10 Year Repress

"Paper Bag Vintage is thrilled to announce the reissue of The Acorn's acclaimed album Glory Hope Mountain in celebration of its ten year anniversary! Glory Hope Mountain will be released online and in Canada May 12, 2017and May 26, 2017 internationally. 

The Deluxe version of Glory Hope Mountain will feature a very limited run of 100 2LPs on coloured vinyl, as well as an 8 page, 12 x 12 booklet. 

Released to international praise in 2007, The Acorn’s Glory Hope Mountain was inspired by the remarkable life of Gloria Esperanza Montoya, a Honduran refugee who fled to Canada in 1972. Based on months of recorded conversations with her son (The Acorn songwriter Rolf-Carlos Klausener), the album weaves her surreal stories of survival with experimental pop, Central American folk traditions, and Klausener’s evocative lyricism. The 2017 edition has been newly remastered and includes a never-released song, new mixes, and features guest performances from Casey Mecija, Michael Feuerstack, and other gems of Canada’s underground. Nominated for the Polaris Music Prize in 2008, the album is more than a modern immigration story: Glory Hope Mountain is a record of life’s unfathomable beauty, its darkest trials, and the richness and complexity of motherly love."

http://shop.paperbagrecords.com/collections/vintage-collection/products/glory-hope-mountain-10?mc_cid=7643540274&mc_eid=1a8cf4f800

Personally I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this repress. I fell in love with the album during high school, and have always wanted it in my collection. Unfortunately, the first, and only, pressing was pretty limited and rarely appears on Discogs. When it does, it often goes for hundreds of dollars. I stumbled upon this PO late last night, and ordered the deluxe version. Hopefully the booklet is worth the extra money! 

1 hour ago, maximuss said:

This was mentioned in another thread about canadian music, but you are right, it is a great chance to finally get this lp. I ordered this with the Dears  album they also have for pre order.

Whoops! My bad! I was surprised that there wasn't a thread already. I guess that mystery is solved.