Driving down to Florida

hyde and zekes or wayward council are better than anything i got here! i have scored killer stuff at hyde and zekes in their used bins... but i guess that was years ago before they moved to 10th ave

Every now and then I'll find something in wayward council but last time I went into hyde and zekes I couldn't find anything decent cept for a HWM LP I was pretty bummed.

dude... last time i was there they had a TON of great stuff in the bins near the register. they were all kinda expensive tho. i DO remember seeing the christie front drive "s/t" (the one on caufiled)

what the hell, shai hulud is playing in winter park??? where at

and yeah ill probably be at the trio, i gotta get my ticket still

The Haven

yeah after i posted that i went and looked. never heard of it but just like full sail its down the street from where i used to live.

if im still living here ill come have a beer with you

I'm moving down to Florida and I'm leaving next Friday! I'm stopping overnight in Dallas and New Orleans, anyone have any suggestions of places to go/see while I'm on my way down?

If you've never been to NO, then I guess I'd suggest seeing the quarter and the St. Charles garden district area. If you want to see devastation from Katrina, then don't go to the quarter or uptown.

If you want good burgers, check out Port of Call in the quarter on Esplanade. Camellia Grill is also awesome and its over on Carrolton Ave., which is in uptown. Port of Call is a bar type place but Camellia is a sit down diner run by some brothers in white coats and black bow ties.

Any of you guys in the Central Florida area going to either the Alkaline Trio show @ the House of Blues or Shai Hulud in Winter Park?

what the hell, shai hulud is playing in winter park??? where at

and yeah ill probably be at the trio, i gotta get my ticket still

also to cbbrew, are you going to full sail?

I wanted to go to full sail, but couldnt afford it. :-[

So, a bunch of dumb things happened, and I tell a lot of stories and stuff, and this part of this anecdote isn't important. But a local newspaper decided they should write an article about me and my "exploits", especially regarding musical endeavors. And I made some kind of offhand comment about just not enjoying my time in Flawwdughhhhhhh.

So they turned it into this big huge thing that seems like I have some kind of deep-seated hatred for the state. Aside from the whole Bush thing, I have no problem with America's wang.

That was really rambling; I'm not sure whether my point is being interviewed by journalists is lame, or that people think I hate Florida a lot more than I do. Florida gave us a shit ton of sweet bands, like Death and Hot Water Music and Further Seems Forever and Shai Hulud except now Shai Hulud is from New York and I mean the state not the city and Matt Fox has long hair now because they are signed to Metal Blade and I can't say for certain if that's why he grew it out but if so that would be kind of cool and maybe a little bit funny too hey hey.

so i'm leaving tomorrow!! i'm going to freebirds in dallas for dinner tomorrow night and i'm definitely going to try to go to leonardos in gainesville, and mewithoutYou will be playing in Gainesville at Common Grounds the night I'll be passing through so I'm going to try to go see them too. This is going to be an amazing trip!