Suburban Home "signs" Mike Hale

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

I really can't be more excited than I am right now over the news that we just signed Mike Hale. Mike had fronted the Gainesville act, Gunmoll, and put out a number of rocking records out on No Idea. When Gunmoll called it a day, Mike headed West to California where he started another amazing rock band, In the Red, and he started recording music as a solo artist. He released a split 7" with Chris Wollard of Hot Water Music and the Draft, and put out his debut album on one of my favorite labels, Asian Man Records. "Broken With No Hope" was released towards the end of February and everyone at Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective have just fallen in love with the album.

A few weeks back, Mike Hale, gave me a call. He said he was a big fan of our label and was curious if we would be interested in putting out a record for him. I responded with a resounding "Fuck Yeah". We both spoke to Mike Park over at Asian Man and got his blessing and are now planning a recording date and an early 2009 release. We have also spoke about a number of singles and split 7"s and we are gonna soon announce an unbelievable pairing for our Under the Influence series. Mike will also be coming out to Colorado for Suburban Home's 13th anniversary weekend. Man, I can't wait.

Expect more news soon, but in the interim, please visit Mike's Myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/mikehalemusic) and do yourself the biggest favor and purchase his album on Asian Man, "Broken With No Hope". I have no problem throwing out comparisons to Elliott Smith although Mike is definitely doing his own thing. Check out some songs and know that we are Suburban Home are so happy to be working with Mike.