Anyone listen to RX Bandits' The Resignation LP?

I've just recently been listening to the records we've been collecting after the two players we got from family didn't quite work right and we had to buy a new one. I just popped on the RX Bandits' The Resignation, an album I have listened to a ton of times on MP3 and CD form since it dropped, and the LP sounds so distinctly different its blowing my mind. I'm not using some crazy amp and speaker setup, pretty generic stuff, but I'm hearing layers of sound I never really heard before and at times, even the vocal track sounds slightly different, as if the lines are different take.

I have to be going insane. There's no way the LP could sound so drastically different - right? ??? Someone please set me straight!

I know what you're talking about. I believe the vinyl has a slightly different mix but dont know for sure.

God damn - I don't feel so insane. I've been talking about it for the last half hour and my wife just keeps looking at me like, 'yep, you are probably insane.'

How common, or uncommon, is it for vinyl albums to have a different mix than the CD?

I know what you're talking about. I believe the vinyl has a slightly different mix but dont know for sure.

God damn - I don't feel so insane. I've been talking about it for the last half hour and my wife just keeps looking at me like, 'yep, you are probably insane.'

How common, or uncommon, is it for vinyl albums to have a different mix than the CD?

Many albums are re-mastered for vinyl release, which affects a lot of the levels and such. The last Hold Steady album, for example, was mastered specifically for vinyl, so it sounds different than the CD version (digital).

Guest baseball

I've got the LP and think it sounds awesome. Great album.

If I'm listening to the digital versions I'm usually at work so I'm not paying very close attention. I'll have to compare them.

I hate you. After reading this post I went straight to ebay and bought it. From you. I guess I really hate myself.

Haha! ;D You know, we should cancel that order and you should just buy it through our store cause the album's only $13.99 there. ;)

Many albums are re-mastered for vinyl release, which affects a lot of the levels and such. The last Hold Steady album, for example, was mastered specifically for vinyl, so it sounds different than the CD version (digital).

Hmmm. Guess that makes a lot of sense. This album has to have a different mix then, and it makes this record that much better. God damn, why did it take me so long to embrace vinyl?! ;P

I hate you. After reading this post I went straight to ebay and bought it. From you. I guess I really hate myself.

Haha! ;D You know, we should cancel that order and you should just buy it through our store cause the album's only $13.99 there. ;)

Ah! I already paid for it stupid impulse buys. AND I PO'd Under The Boards from you this week. You can just save a copy of Thrice or other limited Saves The Day colors when it comes in and we'll call it even. Records are killing me.

Ah! I already paid for it stupid impulse buys. AND I PO'd Under The Boards from you this week. You can just save a copy of Thrice or other limited Saves The Day colors when it comes in and we'll call it even. Records are killing me.

its $8 on drive thrus site