First Four Blind Guardian Albums Being Reissued On Vinyl!!!

1 hour ago, Ishtar said:

Best looking one of the bunch. The blue is so dark, but so shiny!

I debated between the splatter and the baby blue, so I'm glad to hear I made a good choice.  I'm a sucker for vinyl that somewhat matches the album art, and all of these reissues have great choices.  I'm kind of shocked that some of these 300 copy pressings aren't gone yet.

30 minutes ago, Gilderoy said:

I debated between the splatter and the baby blue, so I'm glad to hear I made a good choice.  I'm a sucker for vinyl that somewhat matches the album art, and all of these reissues have great choices.  I'm kind of shocked that some of these 300 copy pressings aren't gone yet.

I think since they were released after the other ones and had a higher price they're sticking around a little while. They'll for sure sell out though :)

Just a heads up regarding the most recent 3 reissues /300 versions. I'm listening to Imagination right now and it's cut at 45 rpm. I've heard the other versions of this are cut at 33rpm, so that may explain the price difference if all of these are at 45 for the /300 only.

Ok. These reissues have been super phenomenal. Listened to Imaginations and it sounds awesome. Listening to Nightfall right now and it's also amazing sounding (not 45rpm on this one btw). Nightfall may also be the most beautiful looking fully opaque record I own. It looks so good.

For those interested in the live albums and Forgotten Tales, they're up for PO also now.

I'm not a big live album guy and don't need a covers/alt versions album so I'll pass on these new POs. Would love to see some /300 splatter variants of the newer albums to finish off the splatter collection though.

Edited by Ishtar

1 hour ago, pepperonigin said:

You’ve convinced me. Going to pick up Imaginations (my personal favorite) and Nightfall sometime within the next week. 

Good! These and the Iced Earth reissues the last few years are some of the better and most needed reissues in a long time and both had great low run limited variants that were fun to collect. (In the case of the Iced Earth ones I'm a sucker for clear)

Iced Earth was a band I enjoyed here and there, never liked them as much as BG. Wizards and Demons I remember enjoying. 

Funny story about Iced Earth, a customer at a store I used to have was really good friends with John Schaffer. I have no idea how the subject of iced earth came up but it eventually lead to him saying he’d bring him in one day. Sure enough he did and he came in wearing Iced Earth shorts of all things. Real nice guy, seemed as kooky as my friend though. Small world. 

• 9 months later...