Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not much info out there yet, this literally just got announced.  From Dunk Records Facebook:

 

Before we look ahead to next years line-up we are leading you back to a wonderful moment of past edition. And how! RANGES' set at dunk!festival 2018 is going to be released on double vinyl by @A Thousand Arms and Dunk!records, artwork by Error! Design and pressed by Dunkpressing. Pre-order on Nov. 23rd!

 

USA and EU variants. 

More info to come as it drops. 

******I will be looking to do a EU variant group buy, so let me know if you guys want to hop on for this very special release!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE - A Thousand Arms will have some copies of the EU variant, so no group buy is needed!

 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, Sasan said:

Did you get your early bird tickets for dunk2019?

Abso-fucking-lutely.  Except I paid full-price, because the Early Bird price option wasn't initially available due to a glitch in their system.  Which, whatever.  They got Silent Whale and Shy, Low for me.  So, I give zero fucks about how much it costs :D  Lots of big heavy hitters yet to be announced too :D :D :D :D  
 

Will you be back next year?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Abso-fucking-lutely.  Except I paid full-price, because the Early Bird price option wasn't initially available due to a glitch in their system.  Which, whatever.  They got Silent Whale and Shy, Low for me.  So, I give zero fucks about how much it costs :D  Lots of big heavy hitters yet to be announced too :D :D :D :D  
 

Will you be back next year?

Nice! Yeah, I’ll hopefully be there...you never know with two kids under 3yo... :lol:

really looking forward to shy,low! Missed them a few weeks ago. And yeah, a friend and I were talking about possible big acts...I‘m still crossing my fingers for Celestial :rolleyes:

 

5 hours ago, gazzo said:

still cool how a local festival from here has such a big fanbase around the world.

Cause it’s a fantastic family-like festival. I’ve never been to a more relax and friendly festival in my life...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Nice! Yeah, I’ll hopefully be there...you never know with two kids under 3yo... :lol:

really looking forward to shy,low! Missed them a few weeks ago. And yeah, a friend and I were talking about possible big acts...I‘m still crossing my fingers for Celestial :rolleyes:

 

Cause it’s a fantastic family-like festival. I’ve never been to a more relax and friendly festival in my life...

Do you mean Celestial Wolves?  I'd say they're a shoe-in, given the new record and the fact that Joris plays in the band.  I just checked out Go March and I am REALLY fucking excited to hear them.  They're like....  Mogwai meets LCD Soundsystem, I suppose.  You'll like Haester too, they are straight up COL worship done pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Do you mean Celestial Wolves?  I'd say they're a shoe-in, given the new record and the fact that Joris plays in the band.  I just checked out Go March and I am REALLY fucking excited to hear them.  They're like....  Mogwai meets LCD Soundsystem, I suppose.  You'll like Haester too, they are straight up COL worship done pretty well. 

Haha, no, I actually meant ISIS aka Celestial :D:D:D (let a man dream! :D)

Will have to check out the other announced acts...honestly, I haven't been to any Post-Rock the past 2-3 years (except dunk!), I was tired of all the musically repetitive things. It bored the shit out of me...will have to catch up again :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 4:00 AM, Sasan said:

Haha, no, I actually meant ISIS aka Celestial :D:D:D (let a man dream! :D)

Will have to check out the other announced acts...honestly, I haven't been to any Post-Rock the past 2-3 years (except dunk!), I was tired of all the musically repetitive things. It bored the shit out of me...will have to catch up again :D

Oh fuck hahaha dude....  I'm not sure I could handle that.  It would be a dream come true.  I wonder if they even tried.......  that's a great question.  I will report back :)

So, A Swarm Of The Sun is fucking GREAT.  They're moody, and dark...  almost like a gothic post-rock band.  They're not really post-rock at all anyway...  i'm not sure what you'd call them.  It's kind of like how Opeth is death metal but.... not at all death metal. 


Go March like i said is Mogwai meets LCD Soundsystem.  Post-rock with motorik drums and synths.  It's fucking ear candy to me. 

Haester is literally the first 2 Cult of Luna albums but with double bass drums haha.  It's VERY good stuff, but sometimes it's literally an exact clone of the band.  It's rather impressive how exactly-alike they sound.  They even get a Julie Christmas clone going on track 3, as awesome as it is lol. 

 

Edited by Gumbo72203

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATTN:   A Thousand Arms has *crazy* deals going on until Monday.  Buy 3 records from A1KA Music (Haester, Appalaches, Girih, Ranges, Astodan, Jeffk, Thisquietarmy) and you get to pick one FREE!!!!   Free motherfuckers! 

Personally, you all *NEED* Haester, Girih, Celestial Wolves and Ranges if you don't have it.  This Haester album is blowing me the fuck away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!  A Thousand Arms is having a flash sale for RSD on all Ranges items.  They are price-reduced, plus every A1KA store order can take 15% off with the code at the website. 

The Live at Dunk album sounds amazing, and they still have 3rd press copies of The Ascensionist in stock.  Go get 'em!!!

 

P1470214_360x.jpg?v=1550124068P1470223_360x.jpg?v=1550124172P1460778b1080b_360x.jpg?v=1545436523

 

https://athousandarms.store/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×