HWM/Ann Beretta/Loved Ones - Philly - FRIDAY!

I'm very excited for this! So anyone here going? Looking quite forward to it. Sure, I would rather they play the Church but this will definitely do. The Troc is a bit more intimate than the the Ballroom show was in Jersey.

I just started listening to Ann B in the last few months and damn am I kicking myself. 10 years too late but shit am I glad I finally gave them a shot.

Pretty good set. HWM had a pretty decent set highlighted by Alachua, It's Hard to Know and Translocation. Nice big box of what looked to be recent press vinyl at the merch table. I checked a few but in the long run, I figure, just pass on it.

Loved Ones were pretty awesome, I have to give them more listening time. Ann Beretta was good but it just didn't have that pop I was hoping for.

I wish I would have known who from the community was going to be there so I could have said hello.

After the lights came on at the end and Hot Water had left, huge fight breaks out and last thing I saw was a guy getting his head stomped on. We saw blood coming from the eye and then we just left. The ambulance was pulling up as we exited. Damn shame things like that have to happen regardless of whos playing. The shows over, leave it on the floor.

Yeah, the show was definitely solid! As they were leaving the stage Chuck parted with,"See you next time." So, who knows?

As far as vinyl went, there was the box of HWM stuff as mentioned above by Fluffernutter, but Chuck didin't have any of his solo stuff available... sort of bummed about that. However, I picked up a copy of "We are... Cloak/Dagger" with the screenprinted cover...