DOES ANYBODY ELSE COLLECT CASSETTES?

cassettes? what are those?
i think you can see them on display at the Smithsonian. these are some of the cases i did last minute before i went tour a couple of years ago. a pal was supposed to have inserts made up, but he dropped the ball, so i had to use a sharpie to mark the packages. i wouldn't have mind, but he showed up a hour before we were supposed to leave and said he forgot so i had to mark them in the van on the way to the first show, sloppy, but they sold out. spray paint and stencils seem to be my thing, a trademark kinda, so every time i put something out or attempt to put something out, it will always be in low quantities and always hand numbered, probably no more than 100 copies of cds and vinyl and no more than 25 cassettes. i have no interest in starting or running a label, but it is fun to occasionally help your friends out. the band was called Buried Beneath The Waves and the EP was called "Europe". i know the title sucks, but i was out voted. I fuckin' hate that title

[image]

I only have 5 or 6 cassettes, almost all of the glassjaw rare ones (just missing the impossible shot demo). although, I do have the complete master recording of the impossible shot sessions, 1st generation.

I'm tossing around the idea of a cassette release later this year. Would most of you be down for buying a cassette if it was a band you liked, and a limited edition release w/ cool package, etc.?

Yes. In fact, the only cassette I have currently is This Will Destroy You's Young Mountain. It's out of 50 and came in a fake bear skin holder: http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/images_covers/mbl081tape.jpg

I'm tossing around the idea of a cassette release later this year. Would most of you be down for buying a cassette if it was a band you liked, and a limited edition release w/ cool package, etc.?

Yes. In fact, the only cassette I have currently is This Will Destroy You's Young Mountain. It's out of 50 and came in a fake bear skin holder: http://www.magicbulletrecords.com/images_covers/mbl081tape.jpg

i almost bought one of those. the only cassette i have purchased in the past atleast 5 years is death cab for cutie transatlanticism

i want one of those so bad