MLB Discussion

Hitting batters is part of the game and so is charging the mound. The pitcher have to protect their hitters and the hitters have to protect themselves. Hitting Cabrera was unintentional. Porcello throwing up and in to Martinez and hitting Youkilis was totally intentional. He was just protecting his hitter tho. Youkilis charging the mound and throwing a helmet will probably get him suspended and fined. Porcello might get disciplined too for being involved.

This is all stuff that happened on the field, which is different from Fielder trying to break into the other teams locker room and start a fight.

why would he risk that for the team?

I have no idea, but he hit him in the back. especially after all the other hitting of players that's gone on in the past. I do believe he wasn't specifically told to hit him, but he did it on his own.

I still think it was stupid of Youk to charge the mound, especially with the line up problems the red sox have been having.

Ended up working out pretty good for the Sox tho. Lowell came in and hit a pair od bombs. I agree tho, he knew that was an automatic ejection and with the way they are playing lately they really need him on the field.

Hitting batters is part of the game and so is charging the mound. The pitcher have to protect their hitters and the hitters have to protect themselves. Hitting Cabrera was unintentional. Porcello throwing up and in to Martinez and hitting Youkilis was totally intentional. He was just protecting his hitter tho. Youkilis charging the mound and throwing a helmet will probably get him suspended and fined. Porcello might get disciplined too for being involved.

This is all stuff that happened on the field, which is different from Fielder trying to break into the other teams locker room and start a fight.

but I don't understand why Porchello or any pitcher for that matter, would risk that for the whole team?!

but I don't understand why Porchello or any pitcher for that matter, would risk that for the whole team?!

I didnt say it was a good idea. He definitely wasnt ready for a fight w/ Youk tho. He was back peddling as soon as he saw Youk coming for him. I wouldnt be suprised if it came out that he shit his pants during this. He's definitely no Nolan Ryan.

Im bummed the Angels game is on at 12:30 today. I wanted to see Trevor Bell in his first MLB start. The kid is 22 but looks like hes about 16. He was their first pick in 06.

Im glad they finally released Speier to make room for Bell, Speier was awful. I would get pissed as soon as he would get up in the pen and start throwing.

Im bummed the Angels game is on at 12:30 today. I wanted to see Trevor Bell in his first MLB start. The kid is 22 but looks like hes about 16. He was their first pick in 06.

Im glad they finally released Speier to make room for Bell, Speier was awful. I would get pissed as soon as he would get up in the pen and start throwing.

In some of Clayton Kershaw's pictures, the kid looks like he's 12.

haha Yea, if this kid is half as good as Kershaw Ill be stoked.

I guess he cant be worse than Speier.

LET THE ESCOBAR ERA BEGIN IN MILWAUKEE

Bill Hall is DFA, Brewers apparently are willing to eat most of his 8.4 Mil for next season...

Hardy sent to AAA, hopefully he tears it up so they can trade him off in the off-season to keep the SS spot for Escobar

Brewers called up Escobar and Bourgeois, a combined total of 78 SB, there is the speed the Brewers have been lacking all season. Hopefully both players amount to SOMETHING in the remaining month and a half... im so excited to see how Escobar does day to day.

Having Koufax available to hang around with your young left-handed phenom during spring training is a nice luxury, fo shizzle.

Having Koufax available to hang around with your young left-handed phenom during spring training is a nice luxury, fo shizzle.

Big time. Id like to borrow Koufax to talk to Saunders.

Just like how Kareem is Bynum's personal coach.

Eh, not with the acquisition of Martinez and a healthy Lowell.

Thats true, they can cover for him just fine but they are stuggling lately and having Youk in your line up only helps.

That's true, I think I downplayed the loss a bit. Over 5 games I think they can cover but its true they're 5 tough games.

Pretty shitty move by that Cubs fan who threw beer on Victorino when he catching that pop fly. Then to stand up there and talk shit to the players....what a douche! Id like to see how much shit he talks when he's not 20 ft up in the stands.

David Wells got his ass beat in a bar by a fan, and he's one big dude.

but shit like this is happening more and more, the line between fan and player, field and stands is almost non-existent now. from fans throwing garbage on the field, to fans interfering in plays purposely, fans using laser pointers, to players jumping into the stands swinging. it's a problem found across all pro sports.

i was at a Yankee Met game this year at Yankee Stadium. i was standing in the left field seats during BP to try and catch some balls. as soon as the Mets take the field for BP some fat, already drunk guy that was standing against the wall in left starts heckling a few of the players. off the top of my head Ryan Church, Tim Redding, and a few others because they were letting balls fall in front of them and go over their heads. the guy was a complete asshole already and the game didn't even start. eventually Church turns to the guy and says there's a reason why we're down here and you're up there. the fat ass didn't say another word. even as a diehard yankee fan it made me laugh.

Pretty shitty move by that Cubs fan who threw beer on Victorino when he catching that pop fly. Then to stand up there and talk shit to the players....what a douche! Id like to see how much shit he talks when he's not 20 ft up in the stands.

David Wells got his ass beat in a bar by a fan, and he's one big dude.

but shit like this is happening more and more, the line between fan and player, field and stands is almost non-existent now. from fans throwing garbage on the field, to fans interfering in plays purposely, fans using laser pointers, to players jumping into the stands swinging. it's a problem found across all pro sports.

i was at a Yankee Met game this year at Yankee Stadium. i was standing in the left field seats during BP to try and catch some balls. as soon as the Mets take the field for BP some fat, already drunk guy that was standing against the wall in left starts heckling a few of the players. off the top of my head Ryan Church, Tim Redding, and a few others because they were letting balls fall in front of them and go over their heads. the guy was a complete asshole already and the game didn't even start. eventually Church turns to the guy and says there's a reason why we're down here and you're up there. the fat ass didn't say another word. even as a diehard yankee fan it made me laugh.

I think fan interference is part of the game when its a HR or foul ball that lands in the first row or whatever and is part of homefield advantage. As long as the fan doesnt come on the field they should be able to try and catch a ball that they can reach if its going to land in the stands. I dont see a problem with that. I dont think they should be reaching out onto the field but it happens and there isnt really anything they can do about that. Fans can go for balls that the opposing team is trying to catch and make room for the home team to try and catch a ball thats going out of play.

Yesterday in the Angels/Rays game they bring Fuentes in in the 9th and with 2 outs, I think it was Zobrist, hit a ball that would have gone out in left right where fans can sit up against the wall and its a short wall and Rivera went over and caught it and the fans all backed up and didnt reach for the ball and it won the game for them. That HR would have tied it but instead it ended the game. If it was the Angels hitting that I would hope the fans would be going for the ball cause it was going to go out if the player didnt catch it.

Its complete bull shit tho when fans are using laser pointers or purposely interfering with a ball thats in play or throwing shit on the field and especially throwing things at the players specifically. I cant believe that guy threw that beer on Victorino tonite.

Im sure the dude that beat up Wells was a pretty big guy but this guy tonite would have gotten his ass beat down by anyone on the field. He was just some tubby little bastard.