NFL Discussion

Belicheck also looked like a big crybaby when he refused to give an interview after that playoff loss. They also couldn't handle Randy Moss (no one really can. ticking time bomb). Gronk dancing wasted with his shirt off after a super bowl loss in a parking lot probably wasn't a proud moment for the franchise. I'm sure there are more incidents from lower tier players I can't think of offhand.

So I guess my point is that they are a strong team with strong leadership, I just don't buy that they always say the right thing or always stay out of trouble. They just have a coach who keeps his lips tight and a strong locker room that keeps players from making the big mistakes. It's what every good team does. And they are the best organization in football. 

oh shit. that changes everything. 

getting caught with weed is terrible too. i mean, that's worse than killing two guys and getting away with it!

Don't forget how many people had money ripped from their hands in the Super Bowl because of an intentional safety. Dickheads!

oh shit. that changes everything. 

getting caught with weed is terrible too. i mean, that's worse than killing two guys and getting away with it!

you know thats not what i was saying at all.  however, there have been multiple players that have found trouble while in new england.  i won't even defend ray lewis there.  what i can say is that post-charges, he has done great things in football and whatever happened, became one of the most motivational figures in the league.

You should all do yourself a favor and find the interview that Terrell Suggs just did on WEEI in Boston. It's awesome, he slams the Pats.

link?

of course guys get into trouble.. that happens with every single franchise. but the worst you guys can come up with is weed possession, a coach not wanting to deal with the press after losing, and a poor handle on randy moss.

if someone mentioned dennard, then yeah, you've got something there.

but my initial point is that tom brady is the definition of the patriot way. he is the embodiment of the franchise the same way derek jeter is. a class act whose number one concern is doing right by his team.

Well if we are going to talk about great guys let's reserve the top spot for someone like Roberto Clemente or Jackie Robinson. Playing a long time with a single franchise and not getting into legal trouble doesn't necessarily put the guy on a pedestal. About half the US population would probably frown upon Jeter and his escapades with women. Dude sent the same gift basket to a woman twice because he didn't remember sleeping with her the first time.

Jeter also played really hard ball with the yanks the last time his contract was close to ending, to the point that people were speculating he might walk away. I read an article the other day about saying no to a lot of autograph requests.

So yeah, complicated subject. No one really knows these guys personally. I would just say that a guy shouldn't automatically be put on a pedestal as a great guy because he plays for a single franchise for a long time and is successful.

After comp picks are announced, the 49ers will have at least 2 picks in each of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

This is after last season when of all their picks, only LaMichael James saw action (AJ Jenkins played a handful of snaps with 0 catches)

It's going to be really interesting to see what they do.

lol, i do think he is an amazing qb, however; i just don't like the arrogance about himself and the way the game has changed in resulting to the league having a man crush on him 

Basically I hate everything ESPN loves, doesn't mean I won't give them credit. But, I love seeing him or whoever (SEC another example) lose.

Basically I hate everything ESPN loves, doesn't mean I won't give them credit. But, I love seeing him or whoever (SEC another example) lose.

pretty much true.  skip bayless for example, loves tom brady and the patriots, tim tebow (i honestly don't have a problem with him, but don't see the point of having his name mentioned constantly), hates joe flacco and the ravens, and his hate for lebron (i am not a fan of lebron, but him thinking he helped lebron win a championship because of how critical he has been on him is crazy)

Skip is nothing but a contrarian designed to get people to talk about him. The real opinion of ESPN experts comes through in shows like NFL Live and Baseball Tonight, which are pretty good and grounded in facts.

SEC love is deserved. They have what, every championship since Texas in '05?

Skip is nothing but a contrarian designed to get people to talk about him. The real opinion of ESPN experts comes through in shows like NFL Live and Baseball Tonight, which are pretty good and grounded in facts.

It very much so is deserved but, I still hate them. Haha. Mostly cause all the band wagon fans I know.

Skip is awful, that whole First Take or whatever its called is a joke. The opinions I mostly agree with football wise on ESPN is SVP and Russillo.

At Espn, Nate Ravitz and Matthew Berry are top notch on their podcast.  I've listened to their football podcast everyday of the week the past 2 seasons.   However, the talking heads at ESPN are just too much to handle to enjoy overall.  This year I spent most of my time with the NFL Network Crew who I like very much minus Elliot Harrison (who I am pretty sure doesn't/dislikes hates football) and Dave Dameshek (who can't check his steelers pride at the door before opening his mouth about anything)

"Dave, lets get your take about the cardinals THIS season"

"As you know you the Steelers beat them in the super bowl a few years ago and earned their 6th super bowl ring"

"okay, well the cards are playing the seahawks this weekend, who has the advantage"

"the seahawks were another team the steelers beat in the super bowl.  the seahawks have one of the hottests defenses right now, however; if the steelers didn't have as many injuries we would be calling them the hottest defenses right now, back to you"

the best is going to be when the Falcons end up slapping the franchise tag on Flacco for a 1 year deal, and then part ways with him after next year when he sucks dick on the field because he's pouting for not being the highest player in the NFL because he's the superbowl MVP.

cant wait to see Rodgers extension, doubt he gives any type of "discount" to the packers, but i dont really care.  outside of Brady, he's probably the best QB right now.

Also, SF is taking a HUGE risk in dealing Smith and going with Kaepernick as their only QB.  when he gets lit up scrambling out of the pocket next season and ends up with a concussion, what are they going to do?  Just like Vick, teams will figure out how to cover a duel-threat QB sooner or later, its only a matter of time until Kaepnick gets figured out. 

SF will probably deal some picks to get players, they wont be able to keep all the picks they draft on their roster.

the best is going to be when the Falcons end up slapping the franchise tag on Flacco for a 1 year deal, and then part ways with him after next year when he sucks dick on the field because he's pouting for not being the highest player in the NFL because he's the superbowl MVP.

cant wait to see Rodgers extension, doubt he gives any type of "discount" to the packers, but i dont really care.  outside of Brady, he's probably the best QB right now.

Also, SF is taking a HUGE risk in dealing Smith and going with Kaepernick as their only QB.  when he gets lit up scrambling out of the pocket next season and ends up with a concussion, what are they going to do?  Just like Vick, teams will figure out how to cover a duel-threat QB sooner or later, its only a matter of time until Kaepnick gets figured out. 

SF will probably deal some picks to get players, they wont be able to keep all the picks they draft on their roster.

i really hope they can work out a deal.  both sides seem very hopeful and flacco would hate to lose players because of his contract and getting the franchise tag will only make things worse.   if falcons want to put the tag on him for the ravens, i'll be very happy though  ;)

i'm thinking the biggest part of flaccos negotiations are to be there for a long time and the ravens organization want that too.  i think a deal will be done before the deadline and will have many familiar faces back next year.

rodgers won't give a discount double check? finley said he won't take a pay cut.  i think it goes brady and then rodgers next too.

kaep has shown an ability to be a complete pocket passer, yes against the pack he ran for +150 yards, but then only ran the ball twice against the falcons.  another big difference, kaep can slide.  this year, you pick up a rookie qb and you feel comfortable with adding a lot of  other vital youth to your team.

i already heard sf is looking at revis.  i can't even imagine how crazy that defense would be. 

Kaepernick does (or 'did', considering small sample size) an excellent job of avoiding being hit. I'd venture to assume he didn't take any more big hits than a pocket passer would.

Now reports are the Niners wont be going after Revis. I'm very anxious (and a Niners fan) to see what they're going to do with 15 picks. They can't possibly expect to put to use more than maybe 8 of them.