NFL Discussion

an overpaid winner

an overpaid winner with the most regular season and post season wins, most touchdowns in a single post season (and without a pick), first qb to have a passer rating of 100 or higher in all 4 games from a single post season, most road playoff game wins, only qb to start and win a playoff game each season in their first 5 seasons, super bowl champ, and mvp.

Malone, you bring something to this thread so don't think I'm bitching but take a step back and look at things -- you have 10+ consistent posters in here who are the opinion "Flacco is an above average, but not elite and overpaid QB" and one person (you) who thinks that "he is elite and deserves to be paid like that."

You really don't think your love of the ravens is skewing your views on the situation at least a little?

Malone, you bring something to this thread so don't think I'm bitching but take a step back and look at things -- you have 10+ consistent posters in here who are the opinion "Flacco is an above average, but not elite and overpaid QB" and one person (you) who thinks that "he is elite and deserves to be paid like that."

You really don't think your love of the ravens is skewing your views on the situation at least a little?

you do realize i do it purely to get a rise out of people. in a couple years his contract won't sound so inflated when compared to contracts to come. right now people think its crazy for him to get paid this high, but its going to be a normal salary. After rodgers signs a deal, the next wave of franchise qb signings will be below rodgers, but higher than flaccos.  its a qb league and every year there has been a contract like this, they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

The ravens organization and ozzie did the right thing locking him and keeping him put. do i think he is the best qb in the league, no, but he definitely is a winner and thats in his blood. could he be the best qb in the league in the future? absolutely. i've said it before, brees, manning, rodgers, and brady the top tier. after that, its really any given sunday for who is the next in line. right now, that is flacco based on his post-season performance. next year it could be someone else, next year it could be him again.

Tony Romo does not have hall of fame stats. The game has changed. Philip Rivers would be in the hall of fame if you compared him to Otto Graham. Voters adjust with the game. Romo isn't even close to a hall of famer. Never been close to being one of the best in the game.

He is 4th in active QB rating and 2nd in Yds / Att. Seems like his numbers stack up pretty good in this era. 

I think you also said he wouldnt get a big contract a few pages back 

I really don't even feel like I need to defend that Tony Romo is not a hall of famer. 

Hall of really good, maybe.

i've never seen a qb that shoots himself in the foot the way he does. any chance he ever seems to have at doing something clutch always ends with "are you fucking kidding me?!"