NFL Discussion

Here is my view on Tony Romo (coming from a life long Cowboys fan): He can win or lose you games. He can be really fucking good and amaze you, or he can do exactly what Ry said and shoot himself in the foot ending with "are you fucking kidding me" (look at week 17 last year.) It sucks that the end of the year always comes down to his play and him choking, but thats football. I fucking hate it to be honest and he is seriously fucking over paid now. Now as for the playoffs, its not really his fault for those 3 losses. The game against Seattle yes, that was his fault. But that game against Minnesota a few years ago, his team didnt show up. His offensive line was exploited and he was getting sacked every possession. He just cant do it in the big game. He is the reason for most of our wins, and he is the reason for most of our losses. I pray to god I see him win a Super Bowl even though it will never be good enough because Eli Manning has 2 (I live in NJ unfortunately so I deal with this shit on a daily basis). The dude needs to just stop fucking choking in the biggest games in the season. Especially in week 17. 

They guy does have great stats, but he doesnt have the titles like super bowl champion. He is a 3x pro bowler though. Which, for a QB in this league is pretty impressive considering the amount of amazing talent thats out there. With that said, Flacco is just as mediocre who has had an amazing team that's carried him and this upcoming season I think he will be exploited for just being able to throw deep balls to fast as fuck receivers who catch it 50% of the time (except this season it was more like 75%). And when that fails, he gives it to Ray Rice. Ravens D carried that team for so many years. To compare him to Rodgers is hilarious. Rodgers and Brady are tied in my eyes for best QB in the game. Tom Brady is a god. Rodgers is as well. 

I feel like that's a common misunderstanding about the ravens and flacco. While Cam Cameron was in charge, they didn't just put it in RRs hands and rely on him to win. After the first quarter, Cam would completely abandon the run game and defenses exposed this and knew they didn't have to play against the run. It made that offense so predictable, it was like a tween playing madden.

Also, everyone gives credit to his speedy wrs, but truth be told, if you watched them week in and week out, Torrey was obviously a speedster, but jacoby didn't play much offense during the regular season. Pitta, Rice, Smith, and Boldin were target twice as much each than Jones. Jacoby speed was utilized as a special teamer all season until the playoffs. Last, you can have the speediest wides out there, but if you don't have a qb capable of throwing that ball deep downfield and in a place a wr can catch it, it doesn't matter. Give some credit where credit is do. The critism he does deserve surrounds him making bad decisions from time to time and being able to take a sack and hold onto the ball or anticipate it early enough to throw it away.

Also, Larry might be a good fantasy option again now that the cards pulled in a capable qb in Palmer.

I feel like that's a common misunderstanding about the ravens and flacco. While Cam Cameron was in charge, they didn't just put it in RRs hands and rely on him to win. After the first quarter, Cam would completely abandon the run game and defenses exposed this and knew they didn't have to play against the run. It made that offense so predictable, it was like a tween playing madden.

Ray Rice has had 1100+ yards rushing every year (and a lot of receiving yards, for which there is more of an even split of credit between Rice and Flacco). 

You make it seem like Ray Rice is nothing. He's one of the couple best backs in the game. He didn't rack up 1100 yards rushing last year all in the first quarter of games. He was a constant threat throughout, on every pass and run play.

Ray Rice has had 1100+ yards rushing every year (and a lot of receiving yards, for which there is more of an even split of credit between Rice and Flacco).

You make it seem like Ray Rice is nothing. He's one of the couple best backs in the game. He didn't rack up 1100 yards rushing last year all in the first quarter of games. He was a constant threat throughout, on every pass and run play.

Rice is great. He is completely underutilized though as far as the run game goes. He wasn't in the top 10 in total yards and breaking 1000 is pretty common, I believe half of he league did and if injuries didn't hinder teams probably two thirds of the league would of broken 1000 yards

15th in total attempts and really didn't see a slight committee until week 16.

Rice is great. He is completely underutilized though as far as the run game goes. He wasn't in the top 10 in total yards and breaking 1000 is pretty common, I believe half of he league did and if injuries didn't hinder teams probably two thirds of the league would of broken 1000 yards

No disagreeing that he was underutilized last year.  But there's a reason that he was picked in the top 5 in just about every fantasy league last season.  It's because he is really, really, really good.

1000 yards rushing isnt that common.  if it were the packers would have had more than one in the last 7 years.

Just because its foreign to the pack, doesn't mean it's not across the league. This pass season half of the teams had an individual runner break 1000 yards. Then ou have injuries and teams who run by committee after that to consider.

I'm saying rice could as should be used more. Yes he went top 5 in the running back position and many owners were disappointed to see him only average 70 yards a game. He was underutilized and runs great when given the chance. I would like a much more balanced attack. Even 5 more carries a game could make a big impact.

so ravens released ayanbadejo the other day, not too heartbreaking, his numbers have been on a steady decline. however, the bigger news is that he just announced four players 'coming out' together.  hes been a great advocate for social issues like gay rights and hope he can find a job somewhere in the nfl making sure the nfl strives to achieve equal rights.

so ravens released ayanbadejo the other day, not too heartbreaking, his numbers have been on a steady decline. however, the bigger news is that he just announced four players 'coming out' together.  hes been a great advocate for social issues like gay rights and hope he can find a job somewhere in the nfl making sure the nfl strives to achieve equal rights.

even though he was a raven i still applaud him for his advocacy. he may be the only dirty rat bird (well former) that I absolutely didnt detest. here is an article from yesterday on four possible players coming out...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9137573/brendon-ayanbadejo-says-four-players-considering-coming-gay

im curious to see what the reaction would be from teammates, opposing players, and fans. im not putting these players all the way up with jackie robinson, but this would be getting up near him. im trying to think but I dont believe there has ever been an active gay player in american professional sports. has there?

I'm pretty sure these would be the first active athletes in US pro sports. I'm glad ayenbadejo is helping pave the way and that you are acknowledging him being a good man regardless of jersey. I also think the locker room is ready and teams will be very supportive. A minority of rival fans will be ruthless though.

A minority of rival fans will be ruthless though.

this. I fear this as a fan of sports in general. if these players are to come out and some fans were to do something stupid this coming season (we know something will) I would love to see a similar situation that happened overseas in an AC Milan soccer match. Ignorant assholes chatting racist remarks at a player and both teams walk off the field in protest

curious to see how this pick up of rolando mcclain.  hopefully the ravens still draft a really good lb because mcclain is such a toss up.  ravens have a great lb coach, but players can no longer understudy ray lewis (obviously). mcclain was supposed to be great, but then went to oakland.  time to see if he was just a college athlete or if playing with an improved d-line and dbs will let him do what he is used to doing.  if he is a bust, at least he is getting a minimal contract.  again, i hope they still address mlb early in the draft.

emmanual sanders signed the first restricted agent offer sheet with the pats.  i think the steelers have until monday to match it.

could be sanders, amendola, and gronk being thrown to next year.  

on the flipside, who is going to be a playmaker in pitts with wallace and possibly sanders gone? ben is going to have his work cut out for him

Whenever Aaron Rodgers gets his expected contract extension with the Green Bay Packers, teammate A.J. Hawk believes the quarterback will be worth every penny.

"Let's be honest, all of us minions have nothing that we can offer Aaron that would even come close to anything that he would get," Hawk told the NFL Network.

"He deserves every dime he's going to get. He's going to get a billion dollars, probably, so I'm OK with anything they want to give him, because he's one of the best in the world and he deserves everything."

I'm a graphic designer.  In some of my spare time between jobs I've started to put together themed shirts based on old team logos/colors.  These are the first three that I've done - based on the Houston Oilers, the Los Angeles Rams and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I already sold the Tampa Bay one, but the Rams and Oilers are still up for grabs.  I'm going to be doing these for a bunch of other teams, as well as sports too.  Not too sure if anyone would be into this sort of thing on here, but if your band/label/business/etc would be into something like this, these are up for grabs for $50 a piece. 

You can check out more designs that are available at www.fleshandbone.storenvy.com

I also do custom work, that's my job all day every day, so if anyone has any suggestions for crap like this that I should do, let me know!

148je48.jpg