NFL Discussion

Seahawks rolled last night.

As far as the Tomlin thing, my initial thoughts were it wasn't intentional and he shouldn't of been there. However, some action needs to be taken bc something needs to prevent it happening again in the future. After the video that was released last night from behind the endzone, I'm not sure if it wasn't intentional. I'm also curious to see if he has been doing it for a long time in hopes to prevent a man taking the sideline on a breakaway return and if this is just the first time it actually worked. Nonetheless, jacoby shouldn't of gotten caught.

go browns.  can't wait to see Caleb Hanie out there slingin the ball. 

also watching the seattle game i got a really bad taste from the seattle D.  i mean sure they are good but they just pissed me off.  you have that loud mouth sherman blabbering on every fucking play and that thomas dude last night swatting the ball out of the other player and getting in their face.  shouldn't that have been a penalty???? 

don't get me wrong they are good, but act like children. 

this is coming from a browns fan who doesn't know what winning is like so i just assume this is just the culture of a winning team?

this is coming from a browns fan who doesn't know what winning is like so i just assume this is just the culture of a winning team?

Nope, not at all.  Giants didn't act like that in any way when they won their Superbowls.  Patriots don't act like that.  Steelers didn't act like that when they were actually good.

Teams that are used to winning don't need to put it in people's faces.  This is new to Seattle.  Also, head coaches have a lot to do with it... Pete Carroll isn't exactly a Belichick/Coughlin/Cowher type coach.

go browns.  can't wait to see Caleb Hanie out there slingin the ball. 

also watching the seattle game i got a really bad taste from the seattle D.  i mean sure they are good but they just pissed me off.  you have that loud mouth sherman blabbering on every fucking play and that thomas dude last night swatting the ball out of the other player and getting in their face.  shouldn't that have been a penalty???? 

I'll give any player/team a pass to shit-talk if they can back it up, and so far Sherman/Seattle have.  A shutdown corner on the team with the best record in the NFL has earned it.

But I understand how it can come off as annoying or inappropriate to some people.

I'll give any player/team a pass to shit-talk if they can back it up, and so far Sherman/Seattle have.  A shutdown corner on the team with the best record in the NFL has earned it.

But I understand how it can come off as annoying or inappropriate to some people.

yeah but why shit talk when the other team scores or gets a first down. 

i mean sherman blind sided that dude in the back of the endzone (ball no where in sight) and then got in his face??? why, because that's how top shut down corners act.  just seems silly.

It's getting to the point where people are starting to really associate the team with being shitheads though. I think Wilson is a good dude but that whole teams attitude is weighed down by Tate, Thomas and the like. Sure, be physical, talk game like everybody else.. but don't act like an idiot. It's Pete Carroll 100% supporting it and probably encouraging it that's the problem, but who's surprised by that.