EBAY shipping dispute help

I purchased a BIN on ebay, shipping was listed as 6 Euro to Australia.

I payed for it on saturday/sunday morning when i bought it, and today the guy sends me an email stating that shipping's going to cost 13 euros.

Am I obliged to pay the difference, or is it his fault, as he didn't list the correct shipping price?

Has anyone had the problem before?

That's what I did. I told him that if I'd known shipping was 13 euro, I wouldn't have bought it, and that it was his problem, not mine.

Now I'm worried that he either won't send it to me, or he will, but he'll just wrap it in paper and let it get ruined by the post office.

i ever faced a rpoblem like this.

i won indecision : to live and die in new york screened cover for 2.49 usd and the seller required 40 usd for shipping.

i reported to ebay and they only adviced try to close this transaction with smooth and compromise.

then, i back to contact the seller,he required 35 usd and ship via express mail.

try to contact the seller again.

a shipping charge from some european country is very expensive because they have a different rate than other countries....

a shipping charge from some european country is very expensive because they have a different rate than other countries....

I know that shipping is generally dearer from european countries, but that doesn't negate the fact that he listed it with shipping as 6 euro.

He should have to honour that price as far as I see it.

I recently bought the Bright Eyes box set + 2 lps on ebay from a guy in Australia. He was asking for 15$ shipping for "Rest of the World". So i win the auction, and then he emailed me saying the shipping will cost him 55$. I said fine, I understand you made a mistake, i'm not paying that kind of money but we can cancel the sale if you want and I won't put negative feedback.

The guy answer me saying he already shipped the package, saying it was his mistake and he took full responsability.

Incredible Ebay seller!

I recently bought the Bright Eyes box set + 2 lps on ebay from a guy in Australia. He was asking for 15$ shipping for "Rest of the World". So i win the auction, and then he emailed me saying the shipping will cost him 55$. I said fine, I understand you made a mistake, i'm not paying that kind of money but we can cancel the sale if you want and I won't put negative feedback.

The guy answer me saying he already shipped the package, saying it was his mistake and he took full responsability.

Incredible Ebay seller!

that doesn't make him incredible, that makes him normal.

Incredible Ebay seller!

Unless the boxset is made out of weed, sending two lps doesn't cost anywhere near close to $55 to send OS

on ebay, i have the option for buyers to add shipping insurance, but for international orders, i only charge enough for airmail. some international people still add the extra $2 for insurance, but i can't send it out without needing more money to send it priority (which is like a $10, mind you). should i hold true to that, or am i OK in asking for more money? i realize that the whole insurance option is something i should fix, but i'll wait until next time to figure that out...

Incredible Ebay seller!

not really. the guy ate $40 on the item. most ebay sellers wouldn't do that. i doubt anyone trying to make a profit on anything would.

If the shipping isn't what you wanted for whatever reason and the seller won't budge, just ask for a refund and to cancel the auction. Very few legit sellers are going to deny a request like that.

I know it sucks to buy a record and have the shipping price changed, but it sure sucks just as much to go to send something and have it cost far more than you received to ship it.

not really. the guy ate $40 on the item. most ebay sellers wouldn't do that. i doubt anyone trying to make a profit on anything would.

whether or not homeboy had to pay $40 of his own money to ship a record is irrelevant. he listed the auction for $15 for shipping, he should uphold that, which is what any normal person would do. maybe most people who sell things on ebay aren't normal?

if i ever won an auction and the seller asked me to pay them more for shipping than what they listed, i would tell them to eat a dick.

on ebay, i have the option for buyers to add shipping insurance, but for international orders, i only charge enough for airmail. some international people still add the extra $2 for insurance, but i can't send it out without needing more money to send it priority (which is like a $10, mind you). should i hold true to that, or am i OK in asking for more money? i realize that the whole insurance option is something i should fix, but i'll wait until next time to figure that out...