Putting out a record FAQ thread

So im hoping to press a certain band's first ep on Vinyl and was hoping people with a clue could help me (and others in the same situation) out on how to go about this..I know i've read a few threads on here in my time with some really good advice concerning such a topic but for the life of me can't seem to find them...

To get things started ill ask these questions

Whats the maximum length you can fit on a 7"

Whats the price (and difference in price) to get 500 of either 7"/10"/LP's

Whats the difference in price from getting say 500 on colour to getting 100 on colour and 400 on black or 500 on 2 colours (250 of each)

How much would i also be looking at for the jackets on say 500 10" (10" is looking most likely at this point)

Infact if anyone can just link me to some sites/threads so i can read up on all of this that would probably be the most helpful as i basically want a crash course starting from A down through to Z haha

I meant moreso someone who has done a lot of this (IE the same people who reply in every thread) should just take that reply and make a thread, get a sticky, and have all future discussion in one thread. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just speaking in general.

It's like all those old "which turntable" threads.

:o

Whats the maximum length you can fit on a 7"

Whats the price (and difference in price) to get 500 of either 7"/10"/LP's

Whats the difference in price from getting say 500 on colour to getting 100 on colour and 400 on black or 500 on 2 colours (250 of each)

How much would i also be looking at for the jackets on say 500 10" (10" is looking most likely at this point)

7" I would say 4-5 minutes. But people have done more than that before and it turned out ok. Probably no more than 10, and that is pushing it.

As far as prices for actual vinyl are concerned, go to some pressing plant sites and get some quotes. They can help you the most.

Same for jackets, go to some printing sites and get quotes.

Also, a 10" costs essentially as much as a 12" to make in most cases, so I would say go with a 12". 10"s are more novelty than anything.

United, Musicol, Pirates Press, Bill Smith, Erika, and Rainbo are the main pressing plants. There are probably a few I am missing.

Imprint is the main cover/jacket printer. Dorado is higher quality and on the more expensive side. I know there are a few others that do it to, like Jak Prints and stuff, but I haven't heard much of those.