PO: THE RED SCARE "Smoky Mountain High" 2 x LP (Solid Brass)

https://solidbrassrecords.bandcamp.com/merch

We launched the preorder for THE RED SCARE "Smoky Mountain High"  today.

2 x LP on color vinyl - comes with a ltd poster and stickers. Plus a limited test press version with a cover that is almost sold out.

For those of you familiar - you'll love this package. Brian Roettinger from Hand Held Heart designed the packaging, it's really amazing. Contains tons of photos and memories. First LP has Capillary Lockdown and the 7"s. Second LP has Strangers Die Everyday plus some live songs from WNYU. Remastered by Will from Orchid.

For those of you catching up - TRS bridged the gap between bands like Born Against, UOA and Heroin , Antioch Arrow. Essential 90's HC, back in print.

Release date is in June 2024.

This is cool. I clicked to see if it was the Red Scare I was thinking or a new band using that name too ha.  This one is a little more obscure than the bigger screamo/skramz bands at the time. Just checked out some of your other stuff and it looks like you've been doing some other really cool stuff like that Shotmaker box set.  You put some money and time into these and it shows. 

14 hours ago, dudefromglaciers said:

thanks for the kind words - at the time, RS was a pretty popular band, I remember seeing them on tour with Orchid once in SF. And yes - we go all out on packaging and trying to do things right for the bands - chuck

It was harder back then to determine who was more popular and growing steam because the internet was still rudimentary at best. I feel like I based it on my friend group at the time and what was more popular with us.  I don't think I ever got to see them but I definitely picked up Capillary Lockdown and a single or two at my local record store at the time though.

5 hours ago, xgrantx said:

It was harder back then to determine who was more popular and growing steam because the internet was still rudimentary at best. I feel like I based it on my friend group at the time and what was more popular with us.  I don't think I ever got to see them but I definitely picked up Capillary Lockdown and a single or two at my local record store at the time though.

The bass tone on that record is so fucking good! 

Once I'm able to get some spare cash I need to snag this reissue. I have both LPs and most of the EPs but really want to hear the remasters

@prowl20

We spent a lot of time working on the remastering w Will from Orchid. Both of the LPs actually sounded really good, but I think the real difference is how awesome the 7" songs and the live set sound. I always loved the song Earache from the 5" - but it was really compressed due to obvious reasons. But it sounds huge now.

The packaging is the best part though. Brian from Hand Held Heart, who originally released both vinyl versions of the records - did the layout. It's a unique die cut gatefold and has tons of old photos and great liner photos. Brian has done some incredible work for Jay-Z, No Age and even Kesha. Respect.

We have some more great announcements coming up that I think everyone will love too.

-Chuck