Rosetta - Wake/Lift

• 2 weeks later...

This was just posted on Rosetta's myspace:

"Last night I (Matt) received the test presses for the Wake/Lift 2xLP. I'm really excited about the quality of this vinyl release --- it genuinely sounds better than the CD version, since it was mastered separately and retains the dynamics of the original uncompressed 24-bit studio mixes. There isn't any of the sibilance and distortion that you usually hear on vinyl where a peak-limited CD master was used for the vinyl (true of 90% of current metal releases, which is outrageous). The use of 180-gram virgin vinyl doesn't hurt either -- the noise floor is further below the signal than on the vast majority of the current vinyl releases I've heard.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you will still be excited to know that the 2xLP will be available in THREE different color combos, in a gatefold package with Paul Romano's wall-worthy reworking of the original album artwork.

The record will be available on this page, through Translation Loss, and from us at shows, probably starting sometime next month."

I talked to Drew from TL about this the other night.

He ran through the colors with me that he planned to do, and I vaguely remember what he said. Either way he had just gotten the tests as well, and didnt finalize the covers yet, but he was planning on one being a half and half with the 2 colors from the artwork meaning a metallic silver with the blueish color and also one was a coke bottle blue with splatter, I forget the third, may have been clear but I forget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...