Fightstar "Deathcar" Vinyldisc

Half CD. Half vinyl. Half awesome. Cdvinylawesome.

The vinyldisc that was mentioned here a while ago is finally up for pre order. Even if you're not a fan of the music, it's definitely a neat idea. (Ltd. to 4000 copies, all signed)

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?wherefrom=productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-DOh2E2JuO04JQbn1qN3IEb-1

[image]

^Not actual Fightstar CD, just a googled image of a vinyldisc

i ordered two copies. not just because I like Fightstar but also, I'm sure the vinyl side will get scratched or warped (from the heat of my CD-Rom drive. so i'll have a listening copy and a collector's copy.

this format will go the way of 3" CD singles and shaped CD singles. get whatever releases come out in this form because they won't be around for long.

i ordered two copies. not just because I like Fightstar but also, I'm sure the vinyl side will get scratched or warped (from the heat of my CD-Rom drive. so i'll have a listening copy and a collector's copy.

this format will go the way of 3" CD singles and shaped CD singles. get whatever releases come out in this form because they won't be around for long.

You're right, this format will fail, but not for the same reasons those formats did. 3" CDs and shaped CDs (which I've never even heard of) failed because there is the problem of them not fitting correctly in all types of CD players.

This half-CD/half-vinyl mutation is just too silly to actually be worth a shit.

However, if it makes one digital kid intrigued enough to buy a turntable to play his new purchase, then kudos to this ridiculous format for allowing that.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received this thing. Looks quite cool. I like the artwork, though I can't say I like the music. (Which I knew before buying this)

Showed it to a friend, and got the response "what the fuck is it?". :P

Guess this is just another way of getting vinyl that comes with a CD.

I didn't listen to the CD, but the vinyl is alright. Not the best quality.

It didn't work on my personal turntable (which is rather cheap), but worked on my parents (which was rather expensive). But normal 5" records don't work on my turntable either, so I wasn't too shocked.

Fightstar probably realize that the sound quality of the vinyl side was shit because they added the vinyl-side track as an unlisted bonus track on the CD side.

i only found that out after i had made a vinyl transfer and then listened to the CD side.

anyway, here's a pic of the vinyl side

[image]