splits?

I think splits are great. Sure it is a bummer to get a split for 1 band and hate the other band, but what about when you discover a new band that becomes one of your faves? We have so many split 7"s in the works, I hope some of you like em.

i love splits, i have a few splits with three or 4 bands, but i put those with my comps. here is a list of all the splits i own

22 Jacks/Mess - Split - Clear Green Vinyl - Last Beat Records

3 Finger Spread/Elmer - Split - 500 on Gold vinyl - Too Many Records

7 Seconds/Kill Your Idols - Split - Black Vinyl - Side One Dummy Records

AFI/Swingin' Utters - Bombing The Bay - Out Of Print - Sessions Records

Ann Beretta/Spray Paint - Split - Out Of Print - Snuffy Smile Records

Ann Beretta/The Newtown Grunts - #159/200 on Pink - Wakusei Records

Apocalypse Hoboken/Oblivion - Split - Out Of Print w/ Insert - Harmless Records

The Ataris/Junglefish - Split - 2nd Pressing - Down On Haley Records

Boris The Sprinkler/Scooby Don't - Split - Berkeley address/Out Of Print - Just Add Water Records

Boris The Sprinkler/The Dead Vampires - Split - 1,000 on Purple Marble - Dirtnap Records

Brain Failure/Anarchy Jerks - Anarchy In The P.R.C. - black vinyl w/ insert - Broken Rekids/Leifeng Records

Crimpshrine/Mutley Chix - Split - 1,100 on clear blue (w/ No Idea Fanzine #7) - No Idea Records

Crimpshrine/Mutley Chix - Split - 1,500 on black (w/ No Idea Fanzine #7) - No Idea Records

Chris Wollard/Mike Hale - Split - 1st Pressing (500 on Black w/ insert) - Asian Man Records

Dillinger Four/The Strike - The Rebels Choice - Black Vinyl Limited to 8,000 - THD Records

Dropkick Murphys/Oxymoron - Irish Stout Vs. German Lager - Limited to 3,000 - Flat Records

Dropkick Murphys/The Business - Mob Mentality - On Clear Red lmtd. to 5,000 - Taang! Records

Dropkick Murphys/Vandals - One For The Ages! - Came with Fat City Zine - Fat City/Combat Zone Records

The Ergs!/Grabass Charlestons - Split - 1st Pressing 300 on blue swirl - No Idea Records

Fed Up!/Advice For Addicts - Split - Black Vinyl/Out Of Print - Fearless Records

Fifth Hour Hero/The Sainte Catherines - Split - Purplish Grey (lmtd. to 812) - 1-2-3-4 Go! Records

Fifth Hour Hero/This Is My Fist - Split - 200 on White - No Idea Records

In The Red/Git Some - Split - 103 on Clear Red - 1-2-3-4 Go! Records

Jawbreaker/Samiam - Split - Limited to 300 on Clear Red (Came with No Idea Fanzine #10) - No Idea Records

Jersey/Swank - Split - Limited to 500 - Fueled By Ramen

Less Than Jake/Kemuri - Split - Yellow Cover/Yellow Vinyl/Silver Label/ limited to 154 (6th pressing) - Fueled By Ramen/No Idea Records

Less Than Jake/Kemuri - Split - Green Cover/Black vinyl/No label Limited to 600 (2nd pressing) - Fueled By Ramen/No Idea Records

Less Than Jake/Megadeth - Split - 500 on Black - Fueled By Ramen

Less Than Jake/Megadeth - Split - 1,500 on Purple Swirl - Fueled By Ramen

Less Than Jake/Against All Authority - Split - Out Of Print - Far Out Records

Less Than Jake/J Church - Split - 1st Pressing - Dead Beat Records

Less Than Jake/Sprocket Wheel - Split - Limited to 1,000 - Snuffy Smile Records

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones/Madcap - Split - Clear Vinyl - Side One Dummy Records

Moral Crux/Boris The Sprinkler - Split - 2nd Press, 1,000 on Clear Gold - They Still Make Records

MU330/The Blue Meanies - Split - 2,000 on Black - Asian Man Records

New Bomb Turks/The Devil Dogs - Split - black vinyl/out of print - Helter Skelter Records

Oblivion/No Empathy - Split - Out Of Print - Underdog Records

Oblivion/Humble Beginnings - Split - Out Of Print - Mediocore Records

Oblivion/Gods Reflex - Split - Out Of Print - Johann's Face Records

Off With Their Heads/The Measures [sA] - Split - black vinyl - Chunksaah Records

Off With Their Heads/Four Letter Word - One For The Road - 500 on Clear Gold - No Idea Records

Off With Their Heads/Dear Landlord - Split - 675 on Greyish Purple - No Idea Records

Potshot/The Peacocks - Split - Black vinyl/import - Leech Records

Propagandhi/FYP - Split - Picture Disc - Recess Records

The Queers/Sinkhole - Love Ain't Punk - Out Of Print - Ringing Ear Records

Riverboat Gamblers/Electric Eel Shock - Split - Picture Disc - Gearhead Records

Schlong/Ruins - Split - black vinyl - HG Fact Records

Screw 32/Fury 66 - Split - black vinyl - Half Pint Records

Screw 32/Youth Bridage - black vinyl - BYO Records

Shotwell (Coho)/Zero Fast - Split E.P. - black vinyl - Snuffy Smile Records

Strung Out/Jughead's Revenge - Split - Clear Blue - Fearless Records

The Suicide Machines/Humble Gods - Split - promo/black vinyl - Hollywood Records

Useless ID/All You Can Eat - Split - Limited to 1,000 - Farmhouse Records

Useless ID/Man-Alive - Split - black vinyl - Dying Is Deadly Records

F-Minus/Crack Rock Steady Seven - Baby Jesus, Sliced Up In The Manger - clear red vinyl (#35/1000) Hellbent Records

Schlong/False Sacrament - Split - 1015 on black, came with insert and stickers - Very Small Records

Supermarket Allstars/Injury - Split - black vinyl w/ insert - Elevator Music

Teen Idols/Spread - It Found A Voice... - Limited to 2000 - California Roll/Suburban Home Records

Brain Failure/Big D And The Kids Table - Beijing To Boston - Clear Yellow with Red Splatter (lmtd. to 250) - Springman/Bad News Records

Fifth Hour Hero/Gunmoll - Split - 495 on Red - No Idea Records

Rancid/NOFX - BYO Split Series Vol. 3 - orange vinyl/orange cover (lmtd. to 500) - BYO Records

Rancid/NOFX - BYO Split Series Vol. 3 - black vinyl/orange cover - BYO Records

Schlong/One Eye Open - Split - 1,000 On Black/Out Of Print - Too Many Records

I think splits are great. Sure it is a bummer to get a split for 1 band and hate the other band, but what about when you discover a new band that becomes one of your faves? We have so many split 7"s in the works, I hope some of you like em.

Yeah.. I would never have bought any One Man Army if it wasn't for the Alk3 split.

and getting the OMA records really got me to check out Dead To Me..

Now I'm a huge fan of both..

yes, i will be buying all the under the influence releases. hopefully i like most of the bands! i'm sure i will

splits are awesome. there's totally a geneology when it comes to discovering new bands for me.

i got the btmi/op split because of the hype for both bands, which was the first time i really 'got' o pioneers!!! and lead to me promptly picking up everything they've put out. which included the measure [sa] split which i loved. through measure [sa] splits i got into off with their heads and others.

i checked out as friends rust because of the split with discount.

alk3/hwm needs no explanation, nor does the hwm/leatherface.

bought the chris wollard/mike hale split for the wollard tracks and found a new favourite songwriter in hale.

chuck ragan's splits lead me to austin lucas, who i adore.

ergs/lemuria is solid, as is the recent serious geniuses/jean claude jam band release.

that's about all i can think of.