splits?

Guest afsdan

love the split format.

I prefer a split 12" because I like about 15 minutes of music. my attention span is limited, but 4-5 minutes is too little for one band.

We actually have a split coming in Nov, with both really good and known bands, 5 songs from each band, one band all new songs, the other band 3 new and 2 live songs, so basically a full length at a split price.

(selfish plug)

I have heard some horribly shitty sides though, and weird ones that just don't belong together like the AAA/Comon Rider split. Both great bands, but also totally different. AAA get's you in the mood to murder a government official, and then Common Rider makes you want to play with daisies in the sun while taking bong hits.

I don't know about best...but my favorites are:

Shai Hulud / Indecision - The Fall Of Every Man 10"

Shai Hulud / Boy Sets Fire - Crush 'Em All 7"

Chamberlain / Old Pike 2x7"

Endpoint / Sunspring - Written In Rock 7" (each band does a Rick Springfield cover)

Falling Foward / The Metroschifter - Acoustic 7"

Guest streetcore
and don't forget the endpoint/sunspring 7".

Yes! Forgot about that one. Their first split was indeed awesome.

glad to see more endpoint fans. if you need a copy of this i have two extra.

not really into splits due to expense mainly. rather be paying for a full release from each band. i do like the discovering new music thing that you get with splits and really love it when the music is not released anywhere else, but they can be a costly option for collections.

although i must say the grails/red sparowes split is incredible.

You should hear the new Varsity Weirdos 7", I think its the best they've released yet!

There is a new one? is it out yet? i have the Fly Me To The Moon 7"

doesnt fear of lipstick have a new record out?

Both bands have new releases..

The new Varsity Weirdos was just released, its on both black and white, the Fear of Lipstick record was a self-release and its on black.

Fear of Lipstick info

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=58576372&blogID=395216438

Varsity Weirdos info

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=45786703&blogID=404770261

Pinhead Gunpowder / Dillinger Four split 7"

Sleeper Horse / Echoes of Harper's Ferry split 7"

Maybe some of the Quincy Shanks 4 way splits with Tricky Dick and the 4 Squares or the Blacknoise Recordings 4 way split with Leftover Crack, Morning Glory, F-Minus, and Bent Outta Shape. Brad lived right down the street, unknown to me at the time, and hand delivered it.