Case of the Mondays Update (PLEASE READ)

Guest admin1338560633

I am definitely getting too old to be starting my week off by going to a show on Sunday night. Hot Water Music was in town and Only Thunder got to play with them. Although I had no plans to drink heavily, the show inspired me to have about 5 too many beers. This really caused havoc on my Monday giving me a bad case of the Mondays. I sometimes wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time to tell my former self to lay off the booze. It was a great night, Hot Water played so well. It reminded me of how amazing those songs are. I also got to meet Chuck and Chris and the rest of their crew (who are all really really great folks). Hanging out with Chuck reminded me of a house show that we had booked at the house I was living at in Boulder w/ Hot Water Music in 1996 (damn I'm old). Chuck said it might have been their first show in Colorado which also included a set by Men's Recovery Project who kind of freaked me out. They were one of the scariest live bands I had ever seen at that point. Good times.

I want to share one thing from the night that just illustrates the kind of person Chuck is. I happened to be wearing my LaGrecia shirt and someone in their crew mentioned how awesome they thought LaGrecia were. In response, I said how much of a shame it was that the band had called it quits before we releaesed the album. I referred to it as the Suburban Home curse which occurs whenever a band of ours starts doing really well, they end up breaking up. Chuck quipped, "It is only a curse, if you let yourself believe its a curse". I like the way the man thinks.

So I meant to post an update yesterday, but my not so fully functional brain and the million of things going on this week (our anniversary weekend and all of our bands being in town) made it difficult. Here you go:

* We received on Friday and Monday the records for City on Film, Hey Mercedes, The Sidekicks, and Wardogs. Some of those records shipped yesterday, but some will go out today.

* We will be receiving this week (finally) Screeching Weasel, Bananas, and Pinhead Gunpowder. We might also be receiving the Gaslight Anthem Euro jacket reprints this week. I did find out though that the 3rd press of Sink or Swim's domestic vinyl, is still awaiting inserts. May ship to us by week's end.

* I got a bunch of restocks I will be posting in the morning.

* Today, we will be posting a pre-order for Anchorless Records' Johnny Cash tribute, All Aboard. We will have 40 sets of all 4 colors (only way to buy all 4 colors), a Vinyl Collective exclusive color (pink/black half and half, and the 4th color (pink w/ black splatter). These will sell really fast so make sure you take note to pick this up. I will more than likely post this pre-order between noon and 2pm my time.

* Today also, I will be posting a pre-order for Useless I.D.'s upcoming album "Lost Broken Bones". There are 2 colors of vinyl, the CD comes with a DVD, and we will have a deluxe set available. I will be posting a 2nd mp3 which you must listen to. This record is so good.

* We have some really exciting Austin Lucas news that we will be posting this morning.

* Tomorrow, we will be announcing a relaunch of a fun project we used to do on the Suburban Home site. Get your phones ready!

* Later in the week, we will be posting pre-orders for Foxy Shazam, Boys Night Out, and 36 Crazy Fists. Each release will be pressed out of an edition of 1,000 copies and each will have 2 colors of wax.

* I am getting really close to announcing the re-release of 2 albums by one of the greatest punk bands on the planet. If you can guess the band, I will give you all 4 colors of our first pressing (2 colors for each album). Good luck!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excited about the johnny cash tribute! maybe it's avail for the reissues?

we are doing avail for the reissues but that has already kind of been announced. this is top secret news of new represses!

* Tomorrow, we will be announcing a relaunch of a fun project we used to do on the Suburban Home site. Get your phones ready!

The Drunken Hotline? ;)

yes indeedy. The Drunk Dial Hotline is back up and running and just in time for our Anniversary weekend. When we make the formal announcment, I will encourage boarders to get drunk and talk about a new record they love or hate or whatever. should be fun.