New Found Glory sign to...

keevhren

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a list of Brett's favorite bands according to him. It is quite sad.

Bring Me The Horizon, Simian Mobile Disco, The Germs, Caribou, Gui Boratto, Little Wayne, I Set My Friends On Fire, CSS, Ratatat, Street Dogs, The Maine, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Cut Copy, Michael Harrison, Santogold, Crystal Castles, Lupe Fiasco, Man Man, M83, Fuck Buttons, Islands, The Field, Yelle, MGMT, Genghis Tron, Cepia, Of Montreal, Yeasayer, Our Last Night, Band of Horses, Burial, Black Kids, Sing it Loud, Lean Like a Cholo, Apparat, Kanye West, Rosetta, Hard-Fi, Audion, Chiodos, Farewell, 50 Cent, Kanye, Circa Survive, The National, Battles, Duran Duran, Boys Like Girls, Justice, Gallows, Fujiya & Miyagi,Van Morrison, Timbaland, Soulwax, Tom Waits, Youth Group, The Killers (Sam's Town), Beatles, T.V. on the Radio, Fall Out Boy, Hot Chip, The Knife, Chamillionaire, Peter Bjorn & John, The Shins, Thom Yorke, Head Automatica, Escape The Fate, The Bird & The Bee, Brand New, Snoop Dogg, Mew, Cobra Starship, Scissor Sisters, Led Zeppelin, The Locust, Akon, Prefuse 73, Savath & Savalas, Mastodon, Boards Of Canada, Neko Case, LCD Soundsystem, Genesis, Greg Graffin "Cold As The Clay", Justin Timberlake, My Chemical Romance, Daft Punk, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, David Bowie, Muse, Jolie Holland, Panic! At the Disco, Arcade Fire, Kraftwerk, Motion City Soundtrack, Nine Inch Nails, Elton John, Elton John, Elton John, Neil Young, CSNY, Fatboy slim, Meatloaf, Sonic Youth, Velvet Underground, Just Kidding But Not Really...

backed.

i hate it when people expand their musical tastes past punk rock. total fucking sellout.

You're right!! I just threw away all my jazz records...I always forget to consult the punk rock rulebook when looking for records... ;)

huh?

If he were not in bad religion, there is no way in hell Epitaph would be releasing their records right now.

I think he would. Bad Religion sells a ton fo albums.

EDIT: I bet BR actually sells a lot more albums than most of those crappy pop "punk", emo, and screamo bands that are on Epitaph.

I think its a good move.

and just to put my 2 cents in, Bret has written some of the best songs i have ever heard, with great skill and thoughtful content, as well as taking a small indie label into something that is ow probably doing better then some majors in this day of music consumption.

If you can write a song as good as "sorrow" and record an album that sounds like out come the wolves, you got my mark.

Its funny you never hear bands like the bouncing souls, HWM/draft, or converge complain about being on epitaph.

I think its a good move.

and just to put my 2 cents in, Bret has written some of the best songs i have ever heard, with great skill and thoughtful content, as well as taking a small indie label into something that is ow probably doing better then some majors in this day of music consumption.

If you can write a song as good as "sorrow" and record an album that sounds like out come the wolves, you got my mark.

Its funny you never hear bands like the bouncing souls, HWM/draft, or converge complain about being on epitaph.

Exactly. Epitaph has quite a few very credible bands on their roster.

man, i back epitaph... it has put out more great music than.... than..... what the fuck man, alot... and nfg fans aint 14 anymore, they are 18(ha) let them get their records and give their money to someone who has had an independant mindset and knows good music. and how many 40 year old guys still listen to stuff that makes you or me happy? i dunno, who cares, i just want him to sign my band.. if only i could promise multiple thousands of records sold. damn!

man, i back epitaph... it has put out more great music than.... than..... what the fuck man, alot... and nfg fans aint 14 anymore, they are 18(ha) let them get their records and give their money to someone who has had an independant mindset and knows good music. and how many 40 year old guys still listen to stuff that makes you or me happy? i dunno, who cares, i just want him to sign my band.. if only i could promise multiple thousands of records sold. damn!

listen to this man. If you get the chance to meet him, smack him! ;)

backed.

i hate it when people expand their musical tastes past punk rock. total fucking sellout.

You're right!! I just threw away all my jazz records...I always forget to consult the punk rock rulebook when looking for records... ;)

you have bought jazz records? why are you even on this board? this is for people who like bands that put out the same record over and over again and never really progress ever, they just change the names of their albums and songs.

poser. fuck jazz.

i'm going back to my moshpit now.

you have bought jazz records? why are you even on this board? this is for people who like bands that put out the same record over and over again and never really progress ever, they just change the names of their albums and songs.

poser. fuck jazz.

i'm going back to my moshpit now.

I actually laughed out loud at that one.

We'll see what direction this NFG and Epitaph thing takes now.