Scared of Chaka/ D4 in Chicago yesterday

show ruled, D4 played 3 new songs(Gainesville, Minimum Wage Is A Gateway Drug & something else that I can't remember), no new album for purchase though.

Lynyrd's Innards played a fantastic opening set, they're always good, but last night they sounded awesome.

the Brokedowns were really good, but intimidated by the large stage. there was a totally sweet push-mosh element to the show...so that kinda tainted the Brokedowns set.

Scared of Chaka was really good, they were never my favorite band, but always a solid opener, and they succeeded in that again. Patty came out and did a song with them, I think it was a Sonics cover.

D4 pretty much played their standard set, more or less every obvious song you would put on a mix CD if you wanted to get a friend into the band. (Just don't say you made a mix CD of their songs because you might get tattled on)

Just got back from the Madison show. It was pretty great. Monitors were thrown. Jam sessions with Paddy on guitar, the guitarist from Scared Of Chaka on drums, and the bassist from SOC on bass were had. Just tons of fun.

Just got back from the Madison show. It was pretty great. Monitors were thrown. Jam sessions with Paddy on guitar, the guitarist from Scared Of Chaka on drums, and the bassist from SOC on bass were had. Just tons of fun.

haha yea, it was so awesome. It felt like there was no one there for a while though. I had a blast and it seemed like all the guys in SoC and D4 were having so much fun together as was I

haha yea, it was so awesome. It felt like there was no one there for a while though. I had a blast and it seemed like all the guys in SoC and D4 were having so much fun together as was I

It was pretty empty until Star Fucking Hipsters played. They were pretty terrible though. I was kinda bummed no one was getting into Chinese Telephones. They were pretty great, but it was pretty early when they played.