Pre-order: Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) solo LP

jhulud

(Taken from nickman's www.deadformat.net)

Insound is now taking preorders on Rivers Cuomo's solo LP, "Alone - The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo." This is a collection of his home demos from 1992 - 2007, many of which are from the earlier part of his career. Insound is expecting to ship these on or around January 8th.

Order here: http://www.insound.com/search/showrelease.jsp?from=87623&p=INS40910

(the linked page is being tempermental in loading up properly)

• 4 weeks later...

This album actually makes me angry.

There are some really great songs on it, and being disappointed with a majority of their output after Pinkerton, I can't understand why some of these things never say the light of day...

Oh well...

I got my wife the CD the day it came out, and I pre-ordered the vinyl from interpunk about the same time, so she is ultra happy!

There are some really great songs on it, and being disappointed with a majority of their output after Pinkerton, I can't understand why some of these things never say the light of day...

Oh well...

I got my wife the CD the day it came out, and I pre-ordered the vinyl from interpunk about the same time, so she is ultra happy!

I'm not a Weezer geek so I can't totally attest to this conjecture being true. That said from what I understand Rivers got quite upset about the lack of response for Pinkerton. He felt like he had been betrayed by fans. From that point forward he decided no more emotional music from the band, just pop. Who knows if its true, its just what I've gotten from random sources. It makes sense in a general sense but I have no idea if its true.

Oh well...

I'm not a Weezer geek so I can't totally attest to this conjecture being true. That said from what I understand Rivers got quite upset about the lack of response for Pinkerton. He felt like he had been betrayed by fans. From that point forward he decided no more emotional music from the band, just pop. Who knows if its true, its just what I've gotten from random sources. It makes sense in a general sense but I have no idea if its true.

Pinkerton was supposedly too personal for him is what I have been lead to believe.

I have no high expectations like I let myself have prior to Make Believe, so whatever they put out next will be purchased on CD and (hopefully) vinyl as they are my wife's favorite band.

She even got her hands on all their full lengths on vinyl before I could get a full set of Minus the Bear records... :)