is anyone else pissed about asian man/hot topic

all this talk about ethics and DIY and doing it for the love of the music....

If that was really 100% the case (no thoughts of money at all) then this album would not have been pressed in 800 colors, which is a complete money grab by a label. It's a great marketing strategy, how else can you sell the same album to one person many times over...this is really a punk rock thing only, other genres do not sit there and repress every 3 months on multiple colors. Punk rock is the new capitalism.

I'll paraphrase Var who's said in the past that it's not about making more colors to sell more copies to the same person, it's about making it fun for the label to repress it.

Nobody forces people to buy records over and over and amass giant collections of one single album.

If you ran a label you'd understand that. Getting records on new colors just keeps things fun for all the parties involved, the band and the label.

I definitely agree with you on the 'no one is forcing you to buy' fact and with the keeping it fun and I understand your point, I don't need to run a label to understand that.

If I did run a label, I would press something on 2 colors just because there would be plenty of people who would order both colors, it's a good business decision, I have looked at enough of the collections lists from those on this board to see that most of you do buy more then 1 copy of the same LP.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic