Photos of Minus the Bear "HRP" repress

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We just got in the repress for "Highly Refined Pirates" and James at Lucky Horse had warned me that the colors were slightly different than what had originally been noted. The Gold is now more of a Gold/Orange and actually it looks pretty darn Orange. The White w/ Blue and Black is actually more of an Aqua Marble. For those of you concerned that this looks like the original pressing on Jade vinyl, the Aqua Marble is much darker. I also got in more than I had originally posted so anyone that missed out, make sure you get your copies. Only 300 of each color were repressed and this sucker should be again out of print. This is my favorite Minus the Bear album and man it sounds great on wax.

We are way too slammed to get these out today, but we will do our best to get them out tomorrow.

Click the link for a few more photos:

[image]

[image]

so, if i ordered these with Interpretaciones ill have to wait for those to come in for my package to ship, correct? any idea on when youll be getting those?

I am about to make a post on the expected delivery date of Interpretaciones which unfortunately (we just found out) isn't coming til january 11th. I will post that right now.

I thought the gold was supposed to have other colors in it too. Like gold with white and blue or something. Or did I just make that up?

you are correct. plant appears to have messed both records up.

oringinally intended:

MINUS THE BEAR “Highly Refined Pirates” LP Gold with a little White and Blue vinyl

MINUS THE BEAR “Highly Refined Pirates” LP White with a little Blue and Black vinyl

I thought the gold was supposed to have other colors in it too. Like gold with white and blue or something. Or did I just make that up?

you are correct. plant appears to have messed both records up.

oringinally intended:

MINUS THE BEAR “Highly Refined Pirates” LP Gold with a little White and Blue vinyl

MINUS THE BEAR “Highly Refined Pirates” LP White with a little Blue and Black vinyl

Bummer. Now I'm tempted to get the aqua one though. Hmm...

Guest scriptedrain
the aqua looks exactly the same as the one from the second press. lame.

Not really...this re-press Virgil has looks a lot darker...

Here is the 2nd press I have:

[image]

Mine looks darker than that. I'll take a pic later, it's a lot more dark green than blue.