Thursday sign to Epitaph!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse

This is my favorite band. As long as they don't get hugely popular (like they aren't already) and don't tour with most of Epitaph's roster, I don't care where they sign to as long as they put out good music.

There's no way they'll write another Full Collapse, but I fully support and enjoy their new sound.

This is my favorite band. As long as they don't get hugely popular (like they aren't already) and don't tour with most of Epitaph's roster, I don't care where they sign to as long as they put out good music.

There's no way they'll write another Full Collapse, but I fully support and enjoy their new sound.

Really? I would love to see Thursday become the next U2. Imagine the stage show and what they could do with fuck you money.

Guest falloutcollapse

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But seeing Thursday play small venues is the best thing ever, IMO. Better than peanut butter and jelly on wheat, tbh.

As long as they don't get hugely popular

Does the popularity of a band really matter? Isn't the main, and almost only, concern you should have about a band is whether the music is good or not?

If Thursday, or any band, stops being a draw, they go away. They achieve a level of success, they are afforded the ability to stick around.

I never got the mentality that once a band moves past playing my basement, they are no longer good because they are no longer my personal secret.

Sure, there is something annoying about an uninformed person latching onto a band once they become popular, but it would be hard to think that every single person reading this didn't start off in a similar fashion.

I don't mean to rant at you in particular, but I've seen this sort of stuff popping up a lot lately (mainly Gaslight) and it's bugging me. With the state of the music industry being what it is, you almost need to hope that your favorite bands can tour and be successful. Without it, many promising bands will fade even quicker than has been the normal rate.

Guest falloutcollapse

I have no problem with them being popular. I just feel like bands get played out so badly sometimes, due to radio and commercials and ringtones and all of that. To be honest, I can't really see Thursday being popular with that demographic. From personal experience, they don't really fit in with the Bring Me the Horizon kids or the Taking Back Sunday kids or whatever. I don't mind that they're popular, because they obviously already have a huge following. They're just my favorite band, and I would hate to miss tickets to their concert because they sold out too fast or see them play arenas or anything. I know this is a little far-fetched, but I really just wouldn't want anything like that to happen.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. But seeing Thursday play small venues is the best thing ever, IMO. Better than peanut butter and jelly on wheat, tbh.

I've seen them do that forever. And it's a sad fact dude but bands don't want to play clubs forever. Theaters are a big step, and Geoff could easily be Bono, only like not self-righteous and obnoxious. I'm sure they'd still do club tours, but I have no problem with them being the biggest band in the world.

A band being popular ruins the live show. Fall Out Boy gets alot of hate but I saw them right before they hit it big in a venue that holds 200 people. It was an AMAZING show. I would never see them now. Arenas arn't fun, 14 year old scenesters arn't fun, being 100 feet away from the stage isn't fun.