Cassino(ex-northstar) might be getting pressed!

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

From an ap chat

Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock

Are ya'll planning on releasing anything on vinyl?

Plus, I love the poster than came with the Sounds of Salvation pre-order.

Nick

Yeah we plan on it. One of my good friends works at United Record Pressing here in Nashville, so hopefully we could get a good deal...

this would be an fucking amazing album to own on lp

i'l be first in line.

I know its not the greatest comparison

but think owen's mix of instruments and a more polished voice

with the country sound of the Dustin Kensure solo.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=27560197

I would reccomend listening to ANY other song besides the gin war remix first, then listen to that song

I was listening to Northstar earlier today, I love them. I need to get into Cassino more though. I had no clue they were in Nashville though.

He plays nashville every few months or so...

I'd rather have Cassino pressed over N*, the Production on the first full length is atrocious on CD...noway it'd sound good on vinyl. and that second record is just...meh......much rather have some Cassino

Guest kevinb

you guys are crazy, listen to the cd again it's a classic.

I love northstar but I think i'd much rather own this on lp(not saying i wouldnt love some n* lps)

<---- Needs to happen.

I'm still in the process of begrudging Cassino because they were supposed to play here last year with band marino, but ended up canceling a two weeks or so before the show for no apparent reason. I was talking to the dudes in Band Marino and they said that Nick is just a flaky dude.

I hope Northstar reunites.

Guest kevinb
<---- Needs to happen.

I'm still in the process of begrudging Cassino because they were supposed to play here last year with band marino, but ended up canceling a two weeks or so before the show for no apparent reason. I was talking to the dudes in Band Marino and they said that Nick is just a flaky dude.

I hope Northstar reunites.

oh oh! that's juicy ha ha j/k but did they elaborate why they said that about him?

Not really. If I recall correctly they were doing a tour of the southeast with them. So I guess they just knew him and weren't too surprised.

Granted, there could have been valid reasons the band didn't play. I'm not sure. It just kind of sucked because they never made any sort of statement as to why they cancelled.

I highly, highly doubt there would ever be a chance of a N* reunion...I'd almost garantee that

Don't know about Nick being flaky....but also I think that was the tour w/ The Snake The Cross The Crown....in Huntsville there was always a bit of of rivalry between Northstar and Curbside Service (TSTCTCs old moniker)...over some stupid high-school shit...could have been that as well???