Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Shamrock but he's over. Slice has so much pure strength that I'd imagine he's just going to over power Shamrock. Anyone remember the fight Shamrock lost when he slipped trying to kick the guy and the dude just jumped on him and started wailing? Shit was horrible.

Most of the older UFC fighters never adapted to the newer styles and while Slice is far from a well rounded fighter he's probably just too strong for Shamrock.

im pretty sure the WEC fights with kimbo were rigged. that company is super in debt and kimbo is their only big fighter left. in his last fight, you can see kimbo tap out. the ref stops it, and kimbo claims he wasnt tapping. kimbo sucks. he is only hyped up because of the street fights.

these EliteXC fights are fixed so they can get ratings/money.

they rely so much on Kimbo and the girl who was on the new American Gladiators, they fucking LOVE her, she is fucking terrible. Her name slips my mind right now, but she is still fucking bad, they try to put her over so much it's quite pathetic. She clocks in overweight all the time and nobody fucking cares either.

i watched kimbo's first fight on CBS (first MMA i've ever actually watched) and he wasn't worth of the hype i thought. almost lost to that gooney mother fucker with the massive ear til he finally managed to land a shot on it and his ear exploded. shamrock's old and hasn't won in a long time, but i'd say he stands a chance unless kimbo got a whole lot better. he relies on the one punch knock outs and can't go any distance really.

also, gotta say i prefer boxing to MMA. fights are usually better in my opinion and it's not a freakshow most the time.

I have to say I was actually impressed with Kimbo's CBS fight. He wasn't amazing or anything but he at least managed to appear that he's trying to get himself a ground game. I just figured that he would get completely destroyed if he got taken down, but he didn't.

Ken Shamrock is a joke to me these days. I can remember watching him in the old UFC's when I was a kid and thinking he was just so incredible. He just didn't really evolve with the rest of the sport. I mean Tito Ortiz beat him a couple times and Tito Ortiz is at best a little less one-dimensional than Shamrock.

So I would love to see Kimbo one-punch KO Shamrock on national television, but I imagine he'll probably just punch himself out like last time and it will be a boring fight.

Shamrock was forced to withdraw by the commisioner(s) due to a laceration her got abover his eye during training earlier in the day. Had to get six stitches. Apparently there is a ruling that if any fighter has an injury and/or lacerations prior to an event, they can't fight. Soooooo...he is not gonna fight Kimbo.