PO/TP: 27 "Holding On For Brighter Days" LP

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

27 "Holding On For Brighter Days" LP green glitter vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/eq002-1gg?

27 "Holding On For Brighter Days" LP amber glitter vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/eq002-1ag?

Friends, I am really excited to be announcing this pre-order. We are working with the very nice Endless Quest Records to bring you this pre-order of the 27 import. Not only have they been so kind to offer us a few copies on the green glitter vinyl (only 105 pressed), they are giving us 2 test pressings (one rejected/one approved) for a test pressing contest. As you can see from the above image and the ones below this is one beautiful release. And the only other way to get this release is by paying for overseas freight. We will have these towards the end of January and will announce the test pressing contest winner then, too. Get these while you can because I am getting only a small number of each color.

[image]

[image]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a set of these that I got from the band when I saw them in Boston...picked up an extra from Virgil for a friend who wasn't able to make the shows...she will be stoked...

Awesome, what's the green glitter like? Is it really glittery, or...I guess I don't really know what I'm asking. Sometimes a color is described a certain way, and then it's not really all that the name implies.

Hello!

I released this record & would just like to say...

The description of this being "glitter vinyl" is because the record does actually contain real glitter. This is something special that most pressing plants don't do.

Also, even though its not hand numbered, the amber vinyl probably looks nicer because the glitter shows up better.

The green vinyl is nice, but is supposed to be mailorder only. I am giving Virgil a few copies as a thank you for helping me get this record to the States for an affordable price. The band had a few green copies, but they are gone now. So once the copies from Vinyl Collective are sold, the only way to get this version is to order direct (which is a lot more expensive, due to the exchange rate & shipping costs).

Finally, since someone asked, the first test press was rejected because the B-side came out sounding awful. There was a problem with the plate and it sounds really bad quality. So rather than throw the records in the bin we just made up a different sleeve and numbered them. Both the tests (approved & rejected versions) were split between the band & the label, so these are literally the only ones made available to "the public".

Also, if you have a spare few minutes, check out our website (it contains some interviews with collectors and some other nonsense):

(see signature for links...)

Sweet, I can just order these from the dude because he's from the UK, nice one. I saw 27 support Minus The Bear last week, I thought they were real good, and I got to speak to them all afterwards as I was working at the venue, and we all had a drink afterwards, real nice people. I was loving the fact that the drummer was Adam McGrath's girlfriend, haha.

It's like $13 for the LP and like $5 for priority mail.

Thats not as bad as I would have guessed. I want the green for the numbering, but the amber looks way sweeter. I'll probably just pick up an amber copy.

Yeah, I really wanted the green one, so that makes me think I should order from the UK store. But I also want to be in the test press contest, so then I think I should order from Virgil. And THEN, I remember I didn't want to buy more vinyl until after the new year, so I don't think I should get either. I hate myself sometimes.