Fordirelifesake LP

Someone asked me about this before I think, and I couldn't come up with anywhere that still had some in stock.

If anyone out there is looking for "Breathing in Is Only Half the Function", the only place that I can find in the US that still as any copies is Insound. So, yeah, if you want this album, go to Insound or convince a couple hundred other people they want it too even though the band is done and I'll repress it.

The CD is pretty damn near out of print as well, though I'm guessing there are enough of those floating around to satisfy demand for quite a while.

Glad to be of help.

The last show is Friday, November 28th at the Magic Stick in Detroit w/Wafflehouse*(reunion, y'all!) and The Weakend(last show)

Get your tix through Ticketmaster now. I'm guessing this will sell out.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/08004139006E52D2?artistid=1260873&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

I might set up a Forge Again merch booth and clear out some CDs and shirts and shit. Probably give away copies of the FDLS/WH* split CD.

I'm assuming the Daydream Disaster collection LP that was talked about a long time ago is never coming to fruition, huh? I recall you mentioning they were supposed to end up in the studio to record or re-record some tracks. Did that ever happen?

I loved these guys so much and am glad I got to see them when I was living in Ohio--I drove to Detroit to catch them as well. They are way underrated. I really wish I could make it to the final show. Is it getting filmed?

No, it's REALLY doubtful at this point that Dance.Pretend LP or A Daydream Disaster 2xLP will ever happen. Once Brian Southall quit the band they really stopped doing much of anything. I had hoped that they would get off their asses and tour and stuff, but the only time they even did that was when Brian booked it for them.

I was thinking about, possibly next year doing a SUPER limited run of Dance.Pretend and Daydream Disaster 2xLPs (I don't know what would go on the D side of the 2xLP - maybe their original demo? I wanted SOMETHING new and exclusive but they never finished recording whatever they were going to add to it). Maybe press 100 copies of each along with 100 more copies of Breathing In Is Only Half the Function LP and just make it a mailorder exclusive or something, since the band is officially broken up. Had they given me a few months notice I might have been able to get this done in time for the final shows. Oh well!

No idea if they're filming the last show or not. The DVD they did a few years ago absolutely sucked though. The audio clipped, the interviews were terrible, and it looked pretty meh. I'd like to see a properly done DVD. Lord knows they probably have hundreds of hours of video footage. Eric used to carry a camera with him all the time on tour.

No, it's REALLY doubtful at this point that Dance.Pretend LP or A Daydream Disaster 2xLP will ever happen. Once Brian Southall quit the band they really stopped doing much of anything. I had hoped that they would get off their asses and tour and stuff, but the only time they even did that was when Brian booked it for them.

I was thinking about, possibly next year doing a SUPER limited run of Dance.Pretend and Daydream Disaster 2xLPs (I don't know what would go on the D side of the 2xLP - maybe their original demo? I wanted SOMETHING new and exclusive but they never finished recording whatever they were going to add to it). Maybe press 100 copies of each along with 100 more copies of Breathing In Is Only Half the Function LP and just make it a mailorder exclusive or something, since the band is officially broken up. Had they given me a few months notice I might have been able to get this done in time for the final shows. Oh well!

No idea if they're filming the last show or not. The DVD they did a few years ago absolutely sucked though. The audio clipped, the interviews were terrible, and it looked pretty meh. I'd like to see a properly done DVD. Lord knows they probably have hundreds of hours of video footage. Eric used to carry a camera with him all the time on tour.

i'd be down & buy the lp

Just get 95 or so other people who would do so, and we're in business. It'd seriously have to be like $15-18 for the single LP and $20-22 for the 2xLP though.

You know what you should do is get the news out there

and have a pre sale.. and then get the lp's pressed...

im sure it wouldnt be that hard to get 100 people to buy this lp

Yeah, that's a good idea, but I just don't like the idea of the WAY in advance pre-sale. That shit seems bogus. I mean, it'd certainly make it a lot easier financially, there's just something kind of shady about that. When ESTABLISHED labels (and even major labels, apparently) do that, there's absolutely no excuse. Maybe, for a project like this, it would be justified. I mean, I certainly don't have $3000+ to spend on 300 LPs (100 + 100 2xLPs) that might never sell. But I guess it'd be a decent way to do it since I already own the license for both. I guess theoretically I could get artwork done, have audio ready to go, and then do a pre-order. Could be cool I suppose. I will think about it.

what kind of art do you need? haha

Well, when we were intending to do this a couple of years ago (when the band ceased being active), the art for Dance.Pretend and A Daydream Disaster was actually already pretty much done. Just needed to be tightened up and maybe set up for whatever color configuration we were going with. Both were to be 2 (maybe 3 for Daydream) color silk-screen foldovers. I'd probably still go with that, actually. I'd have to check to see if the artist still has ANY of that stuff. It was a long time ago. Otherwise, I have the CD art files for both (he actually designed the CD layout for daydream) and he could start from scratch.

I will hash this all out in the next week or so and see how do-able this whole thing would be. Maybe a pre-Christmas release or something. I could pass out flyers for it at the last FDLS show in November if it hasn't already sold out via preorder. I would really like to put these out still. It was very disappointing when they stopped being active and I couldn't give this a proper release.

If you guys think people would actually pay that kind of money for this stuff if it was limited to 100....then I don't see why it wouldn't work. I hate charging a lot of money for stuff, but I'd probably just make it so I break even and cover postage and shit.

Anyone think I should do a run of 100 more Breathing In LPs? Those could probably be more like $10 or $12 ppd. I'm guessing, depending on how much covers would be.

see man? i bet you never thought this little post would help get the ball rolling...

i know its only a possibility & aways away... but im pummed

and like i said i would def buy one