loved ones tattoos ??

Guest genericinsight
I agree with ryan

not cause i don't like the loved ones - i love 'em

just because they haven't been around for very long.. what if they release a REAL crappy album and you don't like them anymore in 2 years? stuck with tat.. real smart

I don't get this logic.

People don't necessarily get band tattoos for bands that they feel put out "consistantly good" records. People get band tattoos for bands that have personal meanings for them... at least I'd like to think so.

Strung Out is my favorite band and they've released a record or two I'm not totally crazy about, that doesn't change what they've done for me and doesn't make them my favorite band any less. I would never, ever regret my SO tattoos just because they release a bad album.

Also, you don't have to be "stuck" with a tattoo if you decide you don't like it anymore... that's what cover ups are for.

Tattoos are place in time things anyway. I know people with Black Flag bars that never listen to Black Flag anymore but what those songs used to mean to them is still important to them. If people were getting massive blocks of text that said "THE LOVED ONES" I'd see is as kind of dumb, but if they're getting art inspired by albums or songs that mean a lot to them now that don't scream the particular band in question.

I know when I'm trying to work out my "live like a legend, die like an asshole" tattoo that even when A Wilhelm Scream starts sounding like Cute is What We Aim For or something else I hate those lyrics will still represent the place I was at this year.

Guest genericinsight
Tattoos are place in time things anyway. I know people with Black Flag bars that never listen to Black Flag anymore but what those songs used to mean to them is still important to them. If people were getting massive blocks of text that said "THE LOVED ONES" I'd see is as kind of dumb, but if they're getting art inspired by albums or songs that mean a lot to them now that don't scream the particular band in question.

I know when I'm trying to work out my "live like a legend, die like an asshole" tattoo that even when A Wilhelm Scream starts sounding like Cute is What We Aim For or something else I hate those lyrics will still represent the place I was at this year.

I think any "band tattoo" that is actually the name of a band is really silly. Lyrics, artwork or a piece inspired by a band's song is perfectly fine.