Show your hardware!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread for Josh!

Now that I've got the P7 up and running, I can honestly say that I've never heard music sound so fucking good - musical, effortless, amazing pacing and presentation that makes it sound like the instruments are in the damn room! I have to admit, when I first got into this, I was somewhat skeptical how far you could take it - now I know it ain't snake-oil. It was more than worth the time, money and effort to put this together.

[image]

Tube Box SE II and the wonderful Rega TT PSU:

[image]

Rega P7:

[image]

RB700 tonearm and Benz Micro Glider M2 (took the platter off to show one of the reasons why the P7 is so fucking good: the CNC machined subplatter):

[image]

Another look at the RB700 (w/ trick counter weight):

[image]

Finally, one of the best purchases I've ever made, the VPI 16.5 RCM. This thing makes even brand new LPs sound better than I could've imagined. Highly recommended!):

[image]

Kyle and I were talking about stereo crap, so let's see what everyone is running.

My table : VPI Aries Scout

[image]

My cartridge : Grado Prestige Gold

[image]

My stereo : EICO ST-40 (which I modded a bit)

[image]

My speakers : Meadowlark Swifts

[image]

that's a nice set up. what does something like that cost?

Kyle and I were talking about stereo crap, so let's see what everyone is running.

My table : VPI Aries Scout

[image]

My cartridge : Grado Prestige Gold

[image]

My stereo : EICO ST-40 (which I modded a bit)

[image]

My speakers : Meadowlark Swifts

[image]

that's a nice set up. what does something like that cost?

The turntable was $1700 with that cartridge (which I no longer use). The stereo was $150 on eBay and I put probably $100 into it. The speakers were $700.

i love it. its super old, so the connections on the volume knob are scratchy when i adjust it, but ive never had a major problem. it was my dads, im pretty sure from the 70s or so. still going strong.

If the volume knob is a bit scratchy it could just be oxidisation, get some switch cleaner on it. you will be amazed what a little squirt can do!

Reviving an old thread for Josh!

Now that I've got the P7 up and running, I can honestly say that I've never heard music sound so fucking good - musical, effortless, amazing pacing and presentation that makes it sound like the instruments are in the damn room! I have to admit, when I first got into this, I was somewhat skeptical how far you could take it - now I know it ain't snake-oil. It was more than worth the time, money and effort to put this together.

[image]

Tube Box SE II and the wonderful Rega TT PSU:

[image]

Rega P7:

[image]

RB700 tonearm and Benz Micro Glider M2 (took the platter off to show one of the reasons why the P7 is so fucking good: the CNC machined subplatter):

[image]

Another look at the RB700 (w/ trick counter weight):

[image]

Finally, one of the best purchases I've ever made, the VPI 16.5 RCM. This thing makes even brand new LPs sound better than I could've imagined. Highly recommended!):

[image]

Great setup! I'm sure it sounds awesome.

How much did the record cleaner cost, and where did you pick it up?

Great setup! I'm sure it sounds awesome.

How much did the record cleaner cost, and where did you pick it up?

I got it off Audiogon for $300 or 350, can't recall. Dude had two of them and he said he had only used this one twice. I fucking love it. Def look into buying a used one if the price new is prohibitive - all the parts that matter can be replaced (the vacuum tube pickup for instance).