Blackout Pact final release, Virgil you pressin it

mrc

Just reading this weeks news over at punknews.org and saw this

The Blackout Pact, who called it quits in 2006 have announced plans to record a few final tracks and are booking a tour for next summer. The band had this to say:

The origi​nal membe​rs of The Black​out Pact are getti​ng toget​her to recor​d one more recor​d.​ [We] will be meeti​ng up in Febru​ary to recor​d three to five more songs​ to be press​ed and ready​ for a summe​r relea​se and ​our last tour ever.

The band, who were signed to Geoff Rickley's Astromagnetics label, released Hello Sailor in 2005.

Virgil, Dont you have one of the band members working in the warehouse? Any chance of pressing the final record on vinyl? I sure hope so!

This band was totally under rated, Hello Sailor was a killer album.

josh works for us who is in sleeperhorse which has Mike on vocals from TBP. Justin who is away at school and did work here and will be coming back to work here was in the band when all the shit hit the fan. I Like the band, I like the guys, but something doesn't sit right with me with regards to the drummer being back in the band with the way the band ended. It could be really cool to put all the old and new songs on one vinyl release, but not sure if it will end up happening through us.

apparently the drummer stole a laptop from Scary Kids Scaring Kids while they were on tour together. The Blackout Pact flipped out and broke up instead of just kicking the dude out of the band.
whoa! thats fucked up

the drummer also used to work at Suburban Home back in the day. Actually he is a nice guy, but I just can't believe he would do something like that to another touring band (regardless of how bad that band is and how bad their name is). Blackout Pact were supposed to play for Epitaph and some other big label on that tour and I think their next album would have blown away their first album. I can't even believe they would think about putting together the band with OG members.

the drummer also used to work at Suburban Home back in the day. Actually he is a nice guy, but I just can't believe he would do something like that to another touring band (regardless of how bad that band is and how bad their name is). Blackout Pact were supposed to play for Epitaph and some other big label on that tour and I think their next album would have blown away their first album. I can't even believe they would think about putting together the band with OG members.
ha ha not gonna lie sksk is a guility pleasure band for me, you know they were named from a cap n jazz song?

but yeah i agree regaurless, it's a touring band they know the struggles, and you would think they would know the feeling, with

all of the stories of band's always getting their van & gear jacked.

To clarify, TBOP had already gone through 3 members before our drummer pulled this shit. It didn't make sense to continue with 4 member changes in less than a year. I'm happy the 5 original members are getting together to do another run at it. That is the way it should of always been with that band. I love and miss touring with those fucktards but I was an outcast for sure. In the meantime, LISTEN TO ONLY THUNDER.

Justin/VC

i remember hanging out with those dudes at one of their shows in columbus, ohio. we hung out next to the vans and shit and somebody's kid was running around and cursing at us, fuckin' awesome. it was the show after the heavy heavy low low, underage girls drinking in the hotel and going to jail show. that was also the night that the fall of troy broke up on stage. funny. if any of the TBP boys see this, joe, aaron, n8 and denver lauren (cupcake), say hey. cincinnati muthafuckas

Justin, does that mean the drummer who stole the laptop is playing with the newly reformed TBOP, or is he not an original?

Yes, Wisam the original drummer is going to be in the band. All 5 original members the "hello sailor" was recorded with. Don't expect to see that come out on vinyl. I just don't see The Platform Group( who had the exclusive distributor rights) licensing the album for a vinyl release. But ya never know. I was not around for the whole contract thing. I joined the band about 2 months after the album came out.

i remember hanging out with those dudes at one of their shows in columbus, ohio. we hung out next to the vans and shit and somebody's kid was running around and cursing at us, fuckin' awesome. it was the show after the heavy heavy low low, underage girls drinking in the hotel and going to jail show. that was also the night that the fall of troy broke up on stage. funny. if any of the TBP boys see this, joe, aaron, n8 and denver lauren (cupcake), say hey. cincinnati muthafuckas

Hey man! That was a fucked up night for sure. I had to drive back to indiana and bail those guys out of jail. I almost quit the band that day. Crazy times. I wish I would of kept a daily journal. I could of made a lot of people laugh thier asses off and maybe made a little cash too. Oh well. TBOP stories are better left to be rumors. Problem is, I'm sure most of them are true. Ha!

that's what makes them good stories. i remember one of you guys saying, "fuckin' great!! no we gotta go back to indy and get those retards out of jail!" so fuckin' funny. weren't they supposed to serve a month if nobody came back to bail them out? anyways, it's awesome you guys gave us free shirts and stuff. i still have the yellow shirt that looked like a miller high life bottle. thanks bro, i'm sorry the band didn't work out. if you're ever in cincinnati with another band let me know and i'll hook you up with food and a place to crash.

that's what makes them good stories. i remember one of you guys saying, "fuckin' great!! no we gotta go back to indy and get those retards out of jail!" so fuckin' funny. weren't they supposed to serve a month if nobody came back to bail them out? anyways, it's awesome you guys gave us free shirts and stuff. i still have the yellow shirt that looked like a miller high life bottle. thanks bro, i'm sorry the band didn't work out. if you're ever in cincinnati with another band let me know and i'll hook you up with food and a place to crash.

That was me! Yeah, we felt so bad that we didnt get to play that the least we could do is give you guys some shirts. I'm glad that part of my life is over and I'm even more glad to see that original 5 are going for it again. I was knew in the back of my mind that it might not have been the right band for me. I am much happier now with my new band Only Thunder. It is a band that was created from the ground up that I have been apart of from the beginning. I I feel it is the only way for me to feel truly a part of something. I never wrote any TBOP songs or had the chance top write a new records with them. Only Thunder will be on the road late spring 2009 so I'll make sure we try and hit ohio. Take care man. Always nice to hear from people I met that year.

Justin/VC

That was me! Yeah, we felt so bad that we didnt get to play that the least we could do is give you guys some shirts. I'm glad that part of my life is over and I'm even more glad to see that original 5 are going for it again. I was knew in the back of my mind that it might not have been the right band for me. I am much happier now with my new band Only Thunder. It is a band that was created from the ground up that I have been apart of from the beginning. I I feel it is the only way for me to feel truly a part of something. I never wrote any TBOP songs or had the chance top write a new records with them. Only Thunder will be on the road late spring 2009 so I'll make sure we try and hit ohio. Take care man. Always nice to hear from people I met that year.

Justin/VC

I can totally back up what Justin is saying. I've seen OT play, and they were awesome. Excited for the new LP to get here!